Wikipedia

Discussions (excluding Support)
7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Wikipedia

Messagede kokbira » 05 Août 2010, 16:40

LiberKey is not in Wikipedia :dry: . I added only "LiberKey" item to "Bundles of applications" section (but do not do a Wiki page for it):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_po ... plications

In "Application launchers", there is ASuite, but from SalvadorSoftware... Is it outdated (it talks about 1.5.1.2 version in Comparison_of_application_launchers)?
kokbira
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Wikipedia

Messagede coolorup » 05 Août 2010, 17:27

Hi,
Great idea kokbira !

kokbira a écrit:In "Application launchers", there is ASuite [...]

Asuite is no more the main menu of LiberKey.
I think you should speak of the LiberKey Menu as "Application launcher".
coolorup
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Lockszmith » 10 Août 2010, 21:46

Seems like there is a quarrel in Wikipedia, someone has deleted LiberKey from the wikipedia page.

I know that LiberKey had ticked some people before, but today LiberKey is one of the most innovative Portable Application distributions, so the help of the users here are needed to keep the LiberKey article in Wikipedia alive.

I have aded it back right now, and also started a page for the LiberKey suite. But I'll probably need the help of the community here to keep these alive, until the spirits calm down a bit.

OpenDev, I will need written permission to put the LiberKey logo (the red/green circle with the blue/white writing) on that page. and permission to add a screenshot to the wikimedia commons library, or better yet that you upload them and mark them as your own work.
Lockszmith
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Messagede coolorup » 11 Août 2010, 12:26

Hello !

Lockszmith a écrit:Seems like there is a quarrel in Wikipedia, someone has deleted LiberKey from the wikipedia page.

I don't think this is the case here.
In fact this is due to the previous red link format.
Revision history of List of portable software a écrit:18:58, 5 August 2010 Regression Tester (talk | contribs) (14,101 bytes) (?Bundles of applications: No red links, please)

About the article.
I have some doubts :
The LiberKey project is a compilation of freeware, free, open source and shareware portable software for

Yes, some applications in the catalog have "double versions" (from editor website) but only their freeware version is provided here, no ?

Format
LiberKey application are packaged in a proprietary format called .lks files, which are basically 7z files packaging the application and it's launcher. All Launchers are developed by the LiberKey team, and are not modifiable by the users.

I'm a bit curious about the "portabilisation technology" of LiberKey.
What i understood after "spying" (with process hacker) the portabilisation process is that the launcher (LKL.exe) is not important in this process. All is done by LiberKeyPortabilizer.exe.
In the past, i played to portabilize some of my apps for personal use with a well-known open format but the behavior is radically different.

What i mean,
[...]the application and it's launcher [...]

is not enough to run portably this application. LiberKeyPortabilizer is needed.

I hope Opendev will give us some basic informations about this technology and maybe we can add to the Wikipedia article.

LiberKey has been added to Comparison of application launchers.

LiberKey Menu
As of version 5 (currently in beta) the new LiberKey

IMHO, Key File Assoc' is also a great part of LiberKey.

Edit:
I updated some parts of the article, the Comparison of application launchers page and i forgot Key File Assoc' ...
next time now.
coolorup
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Lockszmith » 17 Août 2010, 08:22

coolorup a écrit:I don't think this is the case here.
In fact this is due to the previous red link format.
Revision history of List of portable software a écrit:18:58, 5 August 2010 Regression Tester (talk | contribs) (14,101 bytes) (?Bundles of applications: No red links, please)

You are of course right, my mistake (too many lines :-)), anyway it pushed me to put the preliminary article, and your contribution ( and anyone else's) is a blessing.

As to all the information and questions you have, they are great - thanks.

Let's make it an exemplary Wikipedia article, since it's such a good source of information.
Lockszmith
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Messagede riri2011 » 01 Février 2011, 00:49

hahaha wow! It's time we make Liberkey important on Wikipedia, I must say I have found all the solutions to my computer problems here ! :woohoo:
riri2011
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede TradeLabelSoftware » 21 Janvier 2023, 13:52

Liberkey is more information provider when I face any problem I go to Liberkey.
DRPU Trade Label Software by https://www.tradelabelsoftware.com
TradeLabelSoftware
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions