Free Download Manager is not a portable App!

Discussions (excluding Support)
3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Free Download Manager is not a portable App!

Messagede messerX » 30 Octobre 2009, 16:22

Hi,

I have just tried LiberKey and love the idea behind it! Great work!

I only tried a handfull of applications, but "Free Download Manager" is not a portable App, because it writes to the registry (I use a registry protection programm called "teatimer" and it reported write access to the registry from Free Download Manager) and it even installed (!) Free Download Manager Firefox plugin on the host computer's Firefox (not the USB device).

Therefore I think Free Download Manager should not be part of LiberKey in any way, simply because it's not a portable application at all.

Best regards!
messerX
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re:Free Download Manager is not a portable App!

Messagede skybird » 30 Octobre 2009, 16:44

Hi messerX and welcome.
Registry access are managed by a LiberKey tool called LiberKeyPortabilizer.

Even if an application needs to write in the registry when you close it, registry entry is saved in application's folder and deleted. :)

For example Format Factory or Process Explorer write too.
skybird
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Free Download Manager is not a portable App!

Messagede akhouri_sarvesh » 21 Décembre 2009, 18:08

Please note that some applications do require to write their settings to registry(since they are not native portable applications). But your registry entries are handled by LiberKey tool called LiberKeyPortabilizer as mentioned above.

So every time when you open a LiberKey application all entries are written to the registry and are backed up in the application folder and deleted from the registry when you close it.

So your registry remains clean.

"LiberKey" makes available the applications cutomised to run as Portable Application.

Hence you are required to update using LiberKey updater only and NOT directly from within the application.

Hope it's clear now. ;)
akhouri_sarvesh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions