Great app, but...

Discussions (excluding Support)
1 message • Page 1 sur 1

Great app, but...

Messagede JimmyBoy » 29 Septembre 2012, 20:35

Please find my comments below as constructive criticism from a new user.

1) I find the method of installing "MyApps" confusing.

It took me quite some time to figure out that I need to go to Liberkey Tools > Manage Applications > Add / Remove Programs > Add Applications > From "My Apps" folder.

I would personally like LiberKey to provide a configuration option to allow one of the following options ;

a) Inform me on startup of new apps in the "MyApps" folder and allow me to pick which apps I want to install
b) Automatically add all detected new apps to the "My Menu" tab, and tell me "Added x new applications from MyApps"

And have a dedicated button that said "Scan MyApps" above the "LiberKey Tools" option, or make it a configuration option if this is not to everyone's taste.

However, as I was typing this, I had moved some new apps into the "MyApps" folder and I noticed a folder icon above the "LiberKey Tools", next to the LiberKey news icon. This icon said new apps have been found in the "MyApps" folder. I have never seen this folder icon appear before, and I can't get it to appear again, even after closing/restarting liberkey with applications in the "MyApps" folder which are not installed yet.

2) Having the "Delete" option available in search results

Sometime I find that when in the search results, I think "I want to remove that", but the delete option is not available. This means I then have to find the app in the liberkey menu and choose delete, or in search, right click > Application Properties > Advanced > Click here to delete....

Also another example. Say I install an app called "TestApp". The I Right Click > Delete, confirm deleting shortcut, but when it asks "Do you want to uninstall it from your LiberKey" choose no. Now "TestApp" is not in my liberkey menu structure, but is still installed. Now I search for "TestApp" and it appears under "Applications".

a) I have no way (that I know of), of re-instating it, ie, how can I re-add it to "My Menu" or "Liberkey" ?

b) If I now want to remove it - would be nice to right click > delete, but the delete options is not available, have to go through "Application Properties" like above.

3) Easier way to assign multiple categories
At the moment, the only way I know is to ctrl+drag an item and drop it into a new category to make an application available in more than one category.

It would be nice, if under the "Application Properies" > Advanced, where you have the "Shortcut to this application : x", have another option called "Add to the following category : ", and would display a drop down list of ALL your categories for you to easily and quickly pick what categories you want this application to appear in.

This would also help with the above, 4 a) - I would be able to click on the item in the search results, right click > Application Properties > Advanced, and then add categor(ies) that I want the application to appear in.

4) MyApps Content mixed with LiberKey
Say for arguments sake I put "VLC Media Player Portable" into "MyApps" folder, this then gets imported into the "My Menu" tab. I also want to see this under LiberKey tab - Video > Player - so ctrl + drag the item there which works fine, but it would be nice if the applications from "MyApps" that get placed into a LiberKey Category were highlighted in some way (eg. blue background - make it configurable) so you can differentiate at a glance what is part of the LiberKey installed apps, and what is from "My Apps".

Thanks for a great app! :D
JimmyBoy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

1 message • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions