Liberkey Explorer

Discussions (excluding Support)
3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Liberkey Explorer

Messagede djsmithe » 28 Septembre 2010, 19:06

This is a suggestion for a new app, "Liberkey Explorer".

When you click on "MyDocuments" icon in the Liberkey window, Windows Explorer opens up and goes to Kiberkey\MyDocuments.

My suggestion is when you click on "MyDocuments" it would open up a Windows Explorer like window but all the files in that window would be associated with the Liberkey apps. You would be able to browse all the files on your computer (eg c:\, My Pictures, My Music) and all the files would open with Liberkey apps.

I know you can associate your Liberkey apps in Windows Explorer but I have a problem when another program start to play around with my file associations. What happens if Liberkey locks up, can I get my Widows Explorer associations back? What happens if Windows locks up, can I get my associations back? I don't know.

If a separate app was created so you could view all your files on your computer and those files would be associated with Liberkey apps I'd never have to worry about it.

Just a suggestion.
djsmithe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Liberkey Explorer

Messagede bichlepa » 29 Novembre 2010, 22:16

djsmithe wrote:
What happens if Liberkey locks up, can I get my Widows Explorer associations back? What happens if Windows locks up, can I get my associations back? I don't know.

If LiberKey or Windows crashes, the files are still associated. But if you restart LiberKey File Associations later it will notice that the files were still associated and then make everything right.

A "LiberKey Explorer" is not a bad idea, though I don't have problems with fiile associations.
bichlepa
German translator
German translator

Re: Liberkey Explorer

Messagede terminator1234 » 30 Novembre 2010, 09:29

I think that it would be overkill. Too much effort into creating another application that does the same job.

Enable file associations and browse through Windows Explorer (which can be easily done with just a couple of clicks). So no need for another app for that.
Terminator over and out :silly: :ninja:

La Liberté éclairant le monde - Liberty Enlightening the World
terminator1234
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions