LiberKey serious relationship lol :)

Discussions (excluding Support)
2 messages • Page 1 sur 1

LiberKey serious relationship lol :)

Messagede shaggylive » 27 Janvier 2010, 15:33

first time poster, noobish uskkey'er

first of all thanks for all your hard work and the great tool!!!!!!!!

i've been slowly pulling myself away from a 3 tower desktop and with a much needed laptop upgrade a few months back, I have begun on the quest for true portability (including the ability to sell my laptop on the spot to someone in need)
I have occasionally tried some of the usb launchers over the years, but easy updating the apps was always problem #1.
having fully(to my satisfaction so far...) researched all the options LiberKey seams to have figured it out. while others were focusing on gui ya'll worked on functionality :)

so this is where i'm at and even tho it's the general area, I find this to conceptual for a specific support/request, or something may simply be 'lost in translation' lol :)

I was looking for a way to backup and wipe all (my)user app data, cache, settings, ect.. I realize I can copy/sync the entire folder, however I'd like the ability to copy my Liberkey configuration to another drive. (share this awesome tool with friends with all the apps I know how to 'support' for them, but not provide access to personal data)

which leads me to truecrypt. I'm thought a good way to accomplish most of what I want is to use a truecrypt hidden volume. that way I could have a 'insecure' version and a secure version, although that would just decrease capacity.
so I guess what i'm really looking for is a good way to have all the 'default' user locations in the Lib-apps point to an encrypted file/volume (i think this is possible with some of the 'others') but I think I'll stay allied with the french for now.. :) :joker:
shaggylive
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: LiberKey serious relationship lol :)

Messagede vagabond » 28 Janvier 2010, 10:25

shaggylive a écrit:first time poster, noobish uskkey'er
Welcome shaggylive !

... while others were focusing on gui ya'll worked on functionality :)
True, but the user interface will change significantly in the near future... :bigsmile:

..share this awesome tool with friends with all the apps I know how to 'support' for them, but not provide access to personal data (..) what i'm really looking for is a good way to have all the 'default' user locations in the Lib-apps point to an encrypted file/volume (..)
Alas, we can not yet specify the location of application data. However we plan to make LiberKey multi-users in the future, which seems to correspond to your request (each user will have its own data folder).
Until then, you can have a different approach: download the compilation that is closest to your selection (or start with the "LiberKey Platform" which is an empty LiberKey), uninstall applications you don't want (there is an uninstaller in the menu "LiberKey tools"), then add the missing ones (synchronization with the online catalog can help you). When you've made your selection, make copies of the LiberKey that you created for your friends and they will simply let automatic updates do their work.

(..) but I think I'll stay allied with the french for now.. :)
:lol: :kiss:
vagabond
Administrator
Administrator

2 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions