+Suggestions:
In addition to the first, Linux LiberKey apps
LiberKey Calendar + Schedule
askdabot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Linux? + suggestions

Messagede kokbira » 14 Avril 2012, 07:01

I tried using that by a crazy way: 8GB flashdrive with Slax 6.1.2 SO + Wine module + LibeKey suite :ninja:

Portable apps did not work, but it worked for other extracted programs (like apps from SysInternals suite).......
kokbira
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede Temy » 14 Avril 2012, 16:02

Hey kokbira can you explain more?
About how to set it up and that Linux suite.

+1 on the suggestion
I would also like to see Dropbox in LK
Temy
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede holowman » 16 Avril 2012, 17:13

LiberKey is awesome, please do it for Linux too, at least for Ubuntu and Debian.

PS. they hardly answer anything, maybe you should post in the french forum,because they are too lazy to type in English.
PPS. LK Linux Suite??!!
holowman
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede kokbira » 16 Avril 2012, 19:12

Hahahahah... The 100 Years War is like a 1000 Years war :lol:

Well, I would like to have LK for Linux too, but the way I found until now is to use a particular Linux distro (Slax 6.1.2 from Slax.org in a 8GB flash drive), adding Wine (I don't remember now the version, but I put that in Superuser.com forum - if you want to see that now, pls search on that) and them launching the .EXE files inside apps/name_of_app/app. I did not tested with a lot of them, but I know that SysInternals apps called Process Explorer and Autoruns function (and I love to see it running each time I use my Slax flash drive).

I tested with some *LKL.exe files, but they does not launch anything. I think is is very easy to LK team to solve that, at least creating a LK menu for Linux and to put an additional file together with each app package to do the same task that *LKL.exe file, or to redesign the way LK menu and *LKL.exe files function to allow them to be functional using Wine.
kokbira
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede holowman » 16 Avril 2012, 23:45

Hmm... I'll try. This Slax thingy, does it boot from USB or it can be started under another OS? Do I need to restart the PC to get it working, that's the question.

And for creating a Linux LK, it isn't easy, but from my experience, it isn't so hard either. If it was billions software teams (including me there somewhere) wouldn't make their programs multiOS. Stretch a finger!

PS. Superuser.com is one heck of a site, helped me bazillion times.
holowman
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede kokbira » 25 Avril 2012, 23:11

I'm using Slax 6.2.1 version, with Wine 1.2.3 version (wine-1.2.3.lzm module downloaded from www.slax.org/ it has 45.7MB in size).

I tested it these days and I can launch almost all *.exe inside /apps/name_of_app/app/. I use Process Explorer (procexp.exe) to monitor running processes (I love it).

*LKL.exe files always fail to launch.

LiberKey menu does not launch.

I'm not an expert linux user, but if I find an way to launch those *.exe using their data folder I'll publish here.

I summon all linux experts here to do it faster: "Rise from your grave!!!"
kokbira
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions