So what you guys have in your "Myapps" folder

Discussions (excluding Support)
6 messages • Page 1 sur 1

So what you guys have in your "Myapps" folder

Messagede noaven » 13 Juin 2010, 00:27

you know... that folder in liberkey where you can put your portable apps that are not available to liberkey ..
mostly a fun topic :)

ill start (all free)

Audiomove (open source great app for professional sample/bit rate conversion by Jeremy Friesner (Meyer Sound)
Bulk Rename Utility (a very powerful filename renamer) Added to Liberkey!
CamStudioPortable (video capture)
DPC-latency (a useful tool count the latency)
EraserPortable (write zeros to the disk)
HPUSBDisk (for making bootable usb)
foobar2000 (best player aver made )
KompoZer (exist on liberkey but the latest beta 3 fixes many many bugs and is very stable to me!!!)
Launchy (an other great launcher with some nice plugins. put your favorite software/folders/websites and delete all your shortcuts)
LightscreenPortable (i think the best ever made is FS capture ... but i have lightscreen for the office as the license is open source ... fs capture free only for home users)
PChatPortable (mirc alternative based on X-chat)
PhotoScapePortable (the best multi tool ever made for fast editing pictures)
Putty (just find out that liberkey has "KiTTY" so i may replace it) replaced with KITTY
RapidEvolution (nice software for finding the key of the songs and organize playlists for harmonic mixing. downside is that its a java app)
SkypePortable (no exp. needed)
Tobybear-Minihost (a nice free simple vst host ... great for converting banks to presets and vice versa! )
w-replace (make huge lists of search and replace keywords and load them any time you want for any text you want!)
WinDjViewPortable (a kind of ebook reader... i hate this format but i have some good books that use it so:( )

Edit: added some links ;)
Dernière édition par noaven le 26 Juin 2010, 12:42, édité 3 fois.
noaven
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: So what you guys have in your "Myapps" folder

Messagede Lockszmith » 13 Juin 2010, 14:45

Glad you opened this post, I was about to do that myself.

The following list of apps are not in the MyApps section, but are alongside LiberKey in my portable application folder - this is usually copied and synced between my 2 home PCs and my PC at work, the following are added:

DonationCoder.com software:
  • FARR - Find and Run Robot: This is my universal launcher, it is automatic, does not need maintenance, just finds any application or document I need and runs it
  • Clipboard Help + Spell: Clipboard manager, with neat db functionality, a great quick text repository and makes the clipboard that much smarter.

PortableApps section:
Other stuff:
And the final jewel in the crown: my very own little gadget: WebLauncher.
    When Google Chrome was introduced, I liked it alot. Then LiberKey gave me the option to work with chromium and keep it updated, I fell in-love.
    What I really like (apart from all the publicized hoopla of stability and speed) is how easy it is to manage different profiles, and launch web sites as "applications".
    I wrote this little software were all I give it is the application name and it launches the correct web site, with the correct profile.
    Now my facebook/webmail/search history and my wife's facebook/webmail/search history don't mix, I have my copy of offline gmail, my wife has her's.
    My favourite music web radio (musicovery.com) launches without any chrome extensions.

This little proggie also knows how to handle URLs and according to it's setting decides which browser to launch the URL is.

Needless to say - this is my "default web browser" (on PC's I own) and it multiplexes all web browsing activities as needed.

This tool goes with me wherever I need it.

I also have a set of assorted scripts to automatically launch my "little portable environment".
Lockszmith
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Messagede Mr.Pro » 21 Juin 2010, 02:17

very good tools allready added here, I would like to see most of them in the catalog from liberkey.

but it seems, you can't add your own programs in the new version 5 from liberkey yet.

maybe in the next release-version.
Mr.Pro
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 21 Juin 2010, 08:34

Mr.Pro a écrit:but it seems, you can't add your own programs in the new version 5 from liberkey yet.

For sure you can. (you maybe didn't allow modifications or didn't create your own tab in the new menu ?)
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede ribbit » 27 Juin 2010, 12:31

Lucas Chess (http://lukasmonk.110mb.com/indexEN.htm)
a very nice chess interface that comes with a lot of chess engines. Intended to improve your game play, it comes with a tutor, and a ton of chess problems and end-game positions to learn and level-up your game.

SPeQ Mathematics (http://www.speqmath.com/index.php?id=1)
An incredible calculator, which supports units, variables, functions, graphs, etc. Allows you to go back and change values and refresh the results - like a spread sheet. Easy to use and powerful.
(I switched from SpeedCrunch).

WinRAR Unplugged
It's more a matter of habit. Nothing wrong with 7-zip.
ribbit
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede ambani » 04 Juillet 2010, 18:51

GNUCash Portable - The best accounting software I have used.
ambani
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

6 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions