The Best of Both Worlds

Discussions (excluding Support)
1 message • Page 1 sur 1

The Best of Both Worlds

Messagede schof » 05 Février 2014, 17:57

LiberKey is by far the best Portable Application Suite (PAS) around. Yes there are a few features that (other PAS have that) it lacks but it is not enough to even begin considering switching to something else.

Another PAS that I use / recommend is WSCC. It has a great GUI and manages updates for all the Sysinternals apps, NirSoft Utilities and others. It is a great complement to LiberKey for more technical users.

Another PAS that I "use" is PortableApps. Yes LiberKey can hijack installations and put them on the LiberKey instead but then (I believe) you don't receive automatic updates. It has some apps I am interested in but I prefer LiberKey's GUI. To get those apps on LiberKey and receive updates I end up installing them on PortableApps and then create a shortcut on the LiberKey.

This is functional but there are limitations such as not being able to locate the category that the application shortcut is in. Ideally it would be possible for LiberKey to search and add apps from the PortableApps folder the same as it does for MyApps. That would be awesome!

To ensure I get PortableApps application updates I have added the program to the list of autoruns in Liberkey. [Feature Request] Ability to Configure Automatic Minimizing of Autoruns :lol:

How do you use LiberKey with other PAS?
schof
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

1 message • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions