Using LiberKey without leavings on another PC / Notebook?

Discussions (excluding Support)
7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Using LiberKey without leavings on another PC / Notebook?

Messagede Dirki » 20 Avril 2010, 23:10

I use LiberKey / portable applications on e.g. a USB stick or multi media card and plug it in another / someone's PC / Notebook. Or I copy LiberKey / portable applications to another PC / Notebook from the USB stick / card to avoid the slow behavior when running LiberKey on USB stick / card.

Can I absolutely be sure not to leave traces / any information on another one`s PC / Notebook?

And if not, how could I delete all traces / information I, respectively LiberKey / the applications left without leavings?

Nice greetings, Dirk
Windows 10 Version 6.2 (Build 9200) Home, 64bit
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Using LiberKey without leavings on another PC / Notebook?

Messagede akhouri_sarvesh » 23 Avril 2010, 21:21

If you copy your files to another pc's hard disk then you need to securely delete the copied LiberKey only if you don't want to leave any trace which could be recoverable. Otherwise you can simply delete and empty recycle bin since there will be no other trace.
akhouri_sarvesh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Using LiberKey without leavings on another PC / Notebook

Messagede Dirki » 02 Mai 2010, 11:12

Many thanks akhouri_sarvesh,

Sorry for my late answer, I didn't get a notification e-mail (how can I change my e-mail address, here - ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details - I am not able to do it).

If you copy your files to another pc's hard disk then you need to securely delete the copied LiberKey only if you don't want to leave any trace which could be recoverable. Otherwise you can simply delete and empty recycle bin since there will be no other trace.

Hmmm...when I after using LiberKey on the hard disk of another one's PC search for leavings on the hard disk / PC, I found something (and that even though I had LiberKey been running on the USB stick and not copied to the hard disk), e.g. in the Windows folder "recent" (e.g. here: C:\Users\USERNAME\Recent), there are some links with my original file names. And there are some other leavings, if I remember right.

How could I avoid leaving these traces?

Nice greetings, Dirk
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede Dji » 02 Mai 2010, 14:37

For your email, please do it here indeed : http://www.liberkey.com/en/your-details.html

The "recent" folder is not filled by Liberkey but by Windows itself and list the last opened files, this in not considered by nobody (including any other portable suites) as a "trace".
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede Dirki » 02 Mai 2010, 15:38

Thank you very much Dji,

Changing the e-mail has worked now.

The "recent" folder is not filled by Liberkey but by Windows itself and list the last opened files, this in not considered by nobody (including any other portable suites) as a "trace".

Yes, I understand; is there any other information / trace, that is caused by a portable application (of LiberKey), by LiberKey or by Windows (getting informations from Liberkey) itself. May be Windows uses an information that a program of LiberKey transfers to it (temporarily).

May be an application of LiberKey stores something on C:?

Many thanks again, Dirk
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede Laurentxp » 02 Mai 2010, 17:10

CleanAfterMe allows you to easily clean files and Registry entries that are automatically created by the Windows operating system during your regular computer work.
With CleanAfterMe, you can clean the cookies/history/cache/passwords of Internet Explorer, the 'Recent' folder, the Registry entries that record the last opened files, the temporary folder of Windows, the event logs, the Recycle Bin, and more.
Laurentxp

Messagede Dirki » 02 Mai 2010, 22:39

Ah yes, many thanks Laurentxp,

It is already contained in my LiberKey,I have taken a look at it, very easyly to use, I will use it next time.

(Changing my e-mail address didn't make it work, I still do not get any notification e-mails. What else could I do?)

Many thanks again, Dirk
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions