[Solved] Could not start ANY of the applications

A problem using LiberKey ?
6 messages • Page 1 sur 1

[Solved] Could not start ANY of the applications

Messagede mismo » 29 Avril 2013, 18:54

Hi,
First, thank to the authors for this great application.
Now, the problem: all of a sudden, starting with 2 hours ago, I cannot launch any of the native Liberkey applications in the suite, but I can execute imported programs in MyApps. In task manager I see that <application>LKL.exe is running (just for a moment), then LiberkeyPortabilizer.exe is running few seconds, then is closed.
I can start the app manually from the App folder, but there is no user profile.

In last 10 days I made a Java & flash update and only applications upgrades from liberkey menu.

I thought maybe a new virus signature of Bitdefender antivirus may be the THIS IS A SPAM DELETE ME, or the last security update from Windows update. I uninstalled the update, stopped the antivirus, downloaded the suite of Liberkey and installed in a new folder.
The applications do not start either with this fresh installation.

Can anyone give me a suggestion where to look, for an error, a log, or something? At this moment all I can think of, is to reinstall windows... :cry:

Thanks

licensed Win7 Enterprise with all updates
Bitdefender Free antivirus
mismo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: [Solved] Could not start ANY of the applications

Messagede mismo » 29 Avril 2013, 19:35

Hi,
It's me again. I couldn't stand and wait for a solution.... Few hours ago Bitdefender free quarantined a file from System Explorer. Looking for a solution to cancel the quarantine (just to know: it's impossible!!!), I noticed in the logs that even if I disabled the antivirus, it performed a scan. Hmmm... still working? :S So uninstall, reboot, et voila, Liberkey is up and running again! :woohoo:

The verdict: Bitdefender Antivirus free edition is GUILTY!

A quick look in their forum - they tried to make the free antivirus with as little user intervention necessary - but they do not provide the possibility to circumvent false positives. This may be maybe (pun intended) the best antivirus engine, but if it's crippling a perfectly virus free system it deserves the trash bin.

Now I'm starting the hunt for the next "perfect" free antivirus :evil:
mismo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 29 Avril 2013, 21:47

Long time ago (years) BitDefender were able to specify a white list (folders), this is no more possible with recent releases ?

What do you think about ESET Nod32 ? :bigsmile:
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede mismo » 30 Avril 2013, 08:00

It's a big difference between the free and the paid versions of Bitdefender; the first one tries to reduce at a minimum the user interaction - unfortunately one can make nothing in case of false positives.
Reading some of this year's reviews, I decided to give avast a try.
mismo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede frouze » 01 Mai 2013, 19:32

Hello,
I Still found the same trouble with LiberKey and BitDefender but in my case it's the full version of the antivirus sofware. As you said it's possible to whitelite a .exe file or a forlder in the antivirus part of BitDefender. I've tried to white list all my liberkey folder but nothing to do. The trouble remains the same. I have paid to be registered with BitDefender and of course i would be desappointed to remove it. If you have any idea i will appreciate.
Thank's
frouze
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede JP4U » 02 Mai 2013, 22:35

Hello and welcome on forums.

Have you contacted BitDefender support to explain them these problem ?
It's seem clearly be a false positive.

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

6 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support