[solved] Version 5.7 update bugs

A problem using LiberKey ?
3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

[solved] Version 5.7 update bugs

Messagede texastech » 26 Juillet 2013, 18:55

New update to 5.7.0620.
in configuration it will not remember settings I make. I see no place to save changes.
in configuration scroll bars do not work.
These are the only ones I see so far. :S
forgot to add: Using Windows 7 home.
Update:
I opened Liberkey on another computer and i see my problem. I no longer have buttons within the configuration area to apply changes. The buttons have disappeared.
texastech
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Version 5.7 update bugs

Messagede JP4U » 27 Juillet 2013, 00:14

Hello.

It's seems some of configuration files of your Liberkey are corrupt or missing.

In L:\Liberkey\LiberkeyTools\LiberkeyMenu\Data (L: is the drive's letter for your key ) you can see some config files like user_prefs.xml , localapps.db.xml , etc. You can see also a folder named bak.
In it you can found some backup of these configuration files named with a day and an hour.
Close your Liberkey.
Rename user_prefs.xml like user_prefs_HS.xml for example, then copy one of the backup like user_prefs_2013-07-26_17-37-52.xml in L:\Liberkey\LiberkeyTools\LiberkeyMenu\Data and rename it user_prefs.xml. Try restart your Liberkey.
Is that correct the bug ?

If it isn't the corrupted file can be another one in L:\LiberKey\LiberKeyTools\LiberKeyMenu\data\Menu\ particularly default.xml.
In the folder you can found also some backups in bak too. Try with one of the backup.

If you can solve your problem, please don't delete immediately the corrupted file. It's possible we need a copy to reproduce the problem and try to understand what happens exactly.

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Re: Version 5.7 update bugs

Messagede texastech » 27 Juillet 2013, 06:07

Not really sure what happened. I changed the win 7 desktop settings including text size and it seemed to fix the problem. I don't even know which setting was the problem, but as I mentioned, the scroll bars would not work either but at least they were visible. I imagine it had something to do with the way my monitor/desktop was setup. I think the "apply" button was there but out of site of the config window or perhaps unable to render text in my font setting. anyway. it's working now.
Thank you for the offer to help.
texastech
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support