Version mismatch on installation program?

A problem using LiberKey ?
3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Version mismatch on installation program?

Messagede skyhighsmile » 03 Décembre 2015, 23:52

Hi,

I was having trouble upgrading to the latest version (5.8.1114 to 5.8.1129) - Each time I tried, the progress bar got to about 80% and then disappeared, without changing anything or displaying any messages.

So I tried re-installing Liberkey from scratch from the latest installer:

1. I downloaded the installer from the Download page (http://www.liberkey.com/en/download.html).
Note: The download page said the latest version is 5.8.1129, and the install file was named LiberKey_5.8.1129.exe.
2. I verified that the MD5 of the downloaded file matched the MD5 listed on the Download page.
3. I did a clean install into a new location.

Problem:
The new install shows the version as 5.8.1114 (in the Liberkey Tools -> Configuration -> About screen) instead of 5.8.1129.

Question:
Is it possible that the wrong installer version was put up on the site and incorrectly labeled as 5.8.1129? If this is the case it could explain why I can't upgrade.

Thank you.
skyhighsmile
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Version mismatch on installation program?

Messagede skyhighsmile » 04 Décembre 2015, 02:55

Update:
This does appear to be a problem in the installation program, but only the installation program downloaded from the English version of the Download page.

When I downloaded from the French version of the Download page and then installed, the 5.8.1129 version was installed, instead of the 5.8.1114 version. And I was able to upgrade my existing Liberkey by manually running the install program from the French version of the Download page.

So...problem solved for me, but it looks like you need to replace the install program on the English version of the Download page.

Thanks!
skyhighsmile
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Version mismatch on installation program?

Messagede Dji » 04 Décembre 2015, 10:03

The problem has been identified and a repackaging of the English setup is on the loop :bigsmile:
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support