Koma Mail

Propose and present new applications that could be integrated
Règles du forum
¤ Rules for applications' submission.
¤ Direct download links are prohibited and will be deleted without notice.
10 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Koma Mail

Messagede spotting » 15 Novembre 2009, 21:34

http://www.koma-code.de/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=39

Screenshot:
http://koma-code.de/Pics/KoMaS.JPG

Compatibility: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 - 32 + 64 Bit

Available in 17 languages: English, French, German ...

Type of License: Freeware. (some say it is nagware ... I use it since 2004 and I have never seen a popup)

Author description.
Koma-Mail is an email client which is comfortable and has very handy functions. It does not need an installation, so that you can run Koma-Mail from your flash drive but, of course, also on your desktop.
For safety reasons Koma-Mail blocks scripts and ActiveX in your mails. You can also encrypt your user account. To be protected against webbugs you can use Koma-Mail in the offline mode.
Koma-Mail offers two different spam filters: one is word based and the other one is a Bayesian. To prevent false negative detections Koma-Mail uses a white list.
With Koma-Mail you can send and receive mails, encrypted via SSL, through POP3, IMAP (including synchronization), SMTP and WebDav. To stay informed you can use the integrated RSS viewer.
Altogether Koma-Mail is a good alternative to shareware mail clients.

Features:
POP3, IMAP, SMTP, WebDav, SSL and APOP support, RSS viewer, Calendar, Contact management, Displays HTML Mails, HTML-Editor for composing, Sends and receives mail with inline images, Zips attachments automatically, Mails can be marked with colors, Free folder structure, Automatically cleans folders, Template module, Several user accounts, Several mail accounts per user account, Encrypts user accounts, Spam filter (including Bayesian) Filter module, Unicode support,
Available in 17 languages: English, French, German ...

Your opinion:
It is the fastest Email client i have ever seen which supports all important features ...
It uses 6.5 MB disk space. (2.5 mb zip file)
It is naturally portable

A multi-Virus test:
VirusTotal : 2/41

you can use this download
http://download.cnet.com/Koma-Mail/3000 ... 24903.html

A link to the author's website . (Required)
http://www.koma-code.de/

Programm website:
http://www.koma-code.de/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=39

A link to the download page (optional)
direkt download
http://www.koma-code.de/ProgsZip/KomaMail.zip

i would like to see Koma Mail as an alternative in liberkey ... If it would be my decission - it will be the default mail client.

best regards
spotting
Dernière édition par JP4U le 15 Novembre 2009, 23:36, édité 1 fois.
Raison: Résultat de l'analyse antivirale de Koma-Mail.zip
spotting
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Koma Mail

Messagede spotting » 19 Novembre 2009, 00:27

Merci JP4U

These two Malware reports describing the file KMREG.EXE (and maybe KMREGEXE.Manifest, too.)
it is part of Koma Mail for the ability to register it as an standard mail client in Windows Vista.

If you do not want to use this feature you can delete this file ... the rest of this client will not be threated by eSafe or K7AntiVirus.

http://www.virustotal.com/fr/analisis/b ... 1258583541

Do you have any suggestions about this mail client?
spotting
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede LiberOkay » 20 Novembre 2009, 14:17

J'comprend pas.

Depuis 6 ans que j'suis tombé dans la marmite de l'informatique, toujours le même spectacle : des gens qui refont exactement les mêmes logiciels que d'autres ont fait.

Quelqu'un peut-il m'expliquer en quoi il peut être utilé de pondre un énième gestionnaire d'e-mail? :pinch:

Bon, y'a sûrement des subtiliés, m'enfin : pourquoi ne pas plutôt mettre ses services à disposition des projets déjà crée (Thunderbird etc)?

?? Que d'énergie dépensée inutilement !

Autre sujet : je sais bien que le but dans cette partie du forum c'est de répertorier tous les logiciels existant pour les soumettre au jugement de Dieu :lol: , lui-même/elle-même insufflant à notre prophète ceux qui seront élu pour faire partie de notre sainte LIberkey, mais... Bon, humour à part, je trouvais dommage d'alourdir la liste avec un nouveau doublon de logiciel existant...

Une proposition dans le vent (comme j'aime en faire) :
- une petite page (vite faite) avec une méga-liste de tous les logiciels qui ont été proposés
- en couleur ceux qui ont été validés

J'ai déjà fait cette proposition par le passé. Comme j'avais rien d'autre à faire j'me suis dit "tiens, je vais la ressortir du tiroir"...
W7 Edition Intégrale - ESET Smart Security - DirectX 11
LiberOkay
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Messagede spotting » 20 Novembre 2009, 14:44

LiberOkay c'Est à répondre très inamical dans une langue qui ne comprend pas Thread starter.

LiberOkay It is to be answered very unkindly into language which does not understand of the Thread starter.

Maybe you are able to translate it.
spotting
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 20 Novembre 2009, 16:00

To be brief, LiberOkay said that he was inside computering for 6 years now and during all of those 6 years, he saw so much time, so energy spent doing and redoing again always the same softwares instead of giving support and development efforts to the already existing ones. He wondering why.
Then he reminds that some months ago, he suggested to the team to maintain a full list of purposed softwares with green colors for the integrated ones (as he said, validated by god - aka opendev- lol), etc.

LiberOkay, for the time and energy spent, I can answer because I am a developer and can understand such "do/redo" processus.
Most of those "little" softwares are developed by young developers, most of them for their own challenge. Challenging ourselves is our essence. But most of them (I include myself in this) does not know how to give their energy or time to big projects and for a young developer, this is very difficult to integrate such big projects. I purposed myself to integrate the Liberkey team, they never answered me. How could they challenge bigger project if they can't challenge smaller ? They have to start somewhere, they have to prove they skills. They have to develop something, even small or already done by somebody else. Doing something really new today is really difficult, this is the reason why they do something already existing, sometimes with success as Liberkey team (build based on portable apps example but with a different approach), most of the time without any added value (as koma mail) for others but added value for them (developers) is most of the time bigger than we could never imagine.
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede LiberOkay » 20 Novembre 2009, 16:21

Yeah, ok, but why "prove their skill" by doing something that already exists?

I really dont understand. There is so much to do!

- For example, something that can change the Explorer of Windows, by improving it ! (see here)
- Something that can boost the volume of Windows (if our headphones are dying, it can be usefull).
- Something that can list some of our friends, and just indicate if they are occupied, or if they are ready to play a game or work on a personnal project (not MSN, not XFIRE, but something new and minimalist on the systray).
- Something that...
- etc

So, why an e-mailer?? :S

Internet is full of useless projects, and still in 2009, computering is as a Swiss cheese full of holes!

Close the gaps instead of waste time...

Moreover, Internet = Information.

An one rule of the Information theory stipulate that over a certain amount of data, the amount of information down to become zero.

I mean that Internet is drowing into a see of duplicates and plagiarism, and it is not useful at all.

So, when we search something :
- or we have to try many of softwares to know the best one, thus takes many of our time
- or we don't do that, and we use a software which is not the best, and sometimes which simply does not work very well.
W7 Edition Intégrale - ESET Smart Security - DirectX 11
LiberOkay
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Messagede spotting » 20 Novembre 2009, 16:56

Merci Dji

First i have to say, I am not the developer of Koma Mail.
I just like to use it because it fits to my needs.

Your criticism is acceptable. But when you compare Koma Mail and Thunderbird and when you criticize the existing and development of Koma Mail you should think about two dates. (I reckon this was your intention)

Koma Mail 1.6 (the release since i am using this peace of software) was released in April/Mai 2004.
Thunderbird 1.0 was released in December 2004 ...

So When Koma Mail was the first software ... why there is a developing Team for Thunderbird?

(and no - i did not forget the Mozilla Suite)
-------------------------------------------

So let's get back to topic.

Is Koma Mail a possible alternative Mail Client which could be a part of Liberkey Suite?

That is the reason i've posted it here.

Best regards
spotting
spotting
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Koma-Mail

Messagede city_zen » 04 Mars 2010, 08:30

Koma-Mail

Koma-Mail is an email client which is comfortable and has very handy functions. It does not need an installation, so that you can run Koma-Mail from your flash drive but, of course, also on your desktop.
For safety reasons Koma-Mail blocks scripts and ActiveX in your mails. You can also encrypt your user account. To be protected against webbugs you can use Koma-Mail in the offline mode.
Koma-Mail offers two different spam filters: one is word based and the other one is a Bayesian. To prevent false negative detections Koma-Mail uses a white list.
With Koma-Mail you can send and receive mails, encrypted via SSL, through POP3, IMAP (including synchronization), SMTP and WebDav. To stay informed you can use the integrated RSS viewer.

Screenshot:

Features:

POP3, IMAP, SMTP, WebDav
    SSL and APOP support
    RSS viewer
    Calendar
    Contact management
    Displays HTML Mails
    HTML-Editor for composing
    Sends and receives mail with inline images
    Zips attachments automatically
    Mails can be marked with colors
    Free folder structure
    Automatically cleans folders
    Template module
    Several user accounts
    Several mail accounts per user account
    Encrypts user accounts
    Spam filter (including Bayesian)
    Filter module
    Unicode support
    Available in 20 languages (Catalan, Czech, Danish, English, Finnish, French, Galego, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Netherlands, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian)

Operating Systems compatibility:
Win 98/2000/XP/Vista/7

License: Freeware

Advantages:
Very light, but full-featured, email client
Portable by default
PIM Features (Calendar, Contact Management, Tasks)
Help file available (http://www.koma-code.de/KomaMail/)
Support Forum (http://www.koma-code.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=1)

city_zen
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede akhouri_sarvesh » 04 Mars 2010, 23:31

Seems to be a Nice App - will try and check. ;)
akhouri_sarvesh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Messagede spotting » 25 Mars 2010, 01:11

akhouri_sarvesh a écrit:Seems to be a Nice App - will try and check. ;)

Hi,

Is there any update about the submission state?
spotting
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

10 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Applications submission