MozBackup

Propose and present new applications that could be integrated
Règles du forum
¤ Rules for applications' submission.
¤ Direct download links are prohibited and will be deleted without notice.
7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

MozBackup

Messagede markav2 » 27 Décembre 2009, 13:46

MozBackup

Languages: Fr / En
Compatibility: Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
License: Freeware.
Author's description:
MozBackup is a simple utility for creating backups of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla Sunbird, Flock, SeaMonkey, Mozilla Suite, Spicebird, Songbird and Netscape profiles.

It allows you to backup and restore bookmarks, mail, contacts, history, extensions, cache etc. It's an easy way to do Firefox backup, Thunderbird backup ...

Advantages: It can backup installed versions and portable versions of the above applications.
Inconvenients: None that I am aware of.

multi-antivirus: No false positive.
Download page: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/mozbac ... p?download
markav2
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: MozBackup

Messagede MicketsBR » 07 Janvier 2010, 16:00

This is a great tool. I almost lost al my Firefox Profile when I had to restore Windows to a previous point.

MozBackup can backup and restore your Firefox and Thunderbird (and more, I think) profiles.

Are the Firefox and Thunderbird profiles backed up by the LiberKey Application Backup tool? I don't know.
MicketsBR
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede Dji » 07 Janvier 2010, 16:13

Thunderbird and Firefox profiles under Liberkey are "portable" which means they can be easily backuped just by doing copy/paste :bigsmile:

Anyway, a synchronization tool like Dsynchronize or FreeFileSync can be also used if you have multiple Liberkey installation folders (local drive, usb key, network folder) and you want to have them synchronized (somehow backuped)
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede markav2 » 08 Janvier 2010, 05:34

Dji,

I think you're missing the real benefits of MozBackup.

You can backup profile on an installed version of Firefox, saving all your preferences bookmarks plug-ins and then do a restore to your portable version, or you can do it the other way around.

The main reason I use it is to backup profiles before work on someone's computer and then something goes wrong I restorer thing back the way it was. Yes there are other ways of doing it but this is the fastest and easiest. I was so impressed and made a donation to the author.

Is this going to get added to LiberKey?
markav2
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 08 Janvier 2010, 09:39

Ok well if you prefer playing both with portable and installed version of firefox or thunderbird, that's your deal ! :happy:

I would prefer myself only using Liberkey portables's apps :bigsmile: (And I don't want to share my profile with anybody else)
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede MicketsBR » 08 Janvier 2010, 13:47

Correct: a good tool to port your profile from an installed version, in to the LiberKey version.

I'm only using the portable Firefox now, and I keep Liberkey synched between my laptop and my Desktop. It works most of the times (just be careful synching when both sides have changes - unusual for me but possible).

I'm not using the portable Thunderbird yet, though, because I updated it by mistake to version 3.0, and I'm still using 2.0 because of the add-ons/extensions (most don't work with 3.0, such as ThreadVis and others).

Is there a way to downgrade my TB3 to TB2 in LiberKey?

Mickets
MicketsBR
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede MicketsBR » 01 Avril 2010, 19:48

You know what? I just used MozBackup today, to copy a Thunderbird profile from my Thunderbird's laptop installation in to the LiberKey folder. THat is, I moved my not-portable profile in to a portable one.

And it works fine. Extensions and all. I could actually select what I wanted to copy.

And then I copied again, but in to another profile, which I modified to use with other e-mail accounts.

MozBack is indeed a great tool, and LiberKey users should have it with them, even if it's kept under MyApps.

Mickets
MicketsBR
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Applications submission