Please incorporate "Index Your Files" (IYF) in LiberKey

Propose and present new applications that could be integrated
Règles du forum
¤ Rules for applications' submission.
¤ Direct download links are prohibited and will be deleted without notice.
6 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Please incorporate "Index Your Files" (IYF) in LiberKey

Messagede ErnestB » 08 Août 2012, 22:30

17 Languages: English, Spanish, Romanian, Italian, German, Portuguese, Russian, French, S/T Chinese,
_________ Bulgarian, Brazilian, Turkish, Czech, Dutch, Polish, Lithuanian and Kurdish.
Compatibility: Windows: NT 4.0/2000/XP/Vista/Seven Linux:Wine
License : Freeware.

Author's description:
  • * Search Files for Windows with Advanced Features using Index Files
  • * Find files on your own computer or network with great speed and simplicity
  • * Search Inside Files
  • * Is easy to use with a standard windows GUI
  • * Compacts the indexes
  • * Create indexes for Only the directories you select
  • * Internal display for found files
  • * Is compact and runs from a Single file
  • * Supports Unicode
My opinion: IYF is by far better than Everything (already in LiberKey)!
Advantages of Index Your Files (IYF) over Everything:
  • * File-name-search AND Content search: Selectable option to search inside files
  • * Preview of found files with the suitable office-app or picture-viewing app
  • * Special picture search with specific EXIF-data additional to file-name-criteria
  • * Special mp3-file-search with music-specific-data such as interpret, album or music-style
  • * Easier search without knowledge of regular expressions also with search-terms in OR relationship,
  • _ e.g. "*.txt / *.ini" .
  • * With IYF you can very quickly find files on remote servers, on which you have no admin rights,
  • _ so it is ideal for quick searches on very big company networks with thousands of directories
  • _ Everything also can seach remote network directories, but only if you have admin
  • _ rights on the remote server and if you install an everything-component on the remote server.
  • _ So most users without remote admin rights cannot use it in real big company networks.
  • * The following Flash Demonstration shows the unique advantages of Index Your Files:
  • _ http://www.indexyourfiles.com/iyf.htm

Website / Download page of IYF : http://www.indexyourfiles.com
ErnestB
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Again: Please incorporate Index Your Files (IYF) 2 LiberKey

Messagede ErnestB » 27 Décembre 2012, 14:26

Please incorporate "Index Your Files" (IYF) to LiberKey. It is much better than the liberkey-integrated search tool "everything". With "everything" you cannot search in network-folders e.g. in your company-network without admin-rights. With IYF this is very easy. IYF is the best local AND network search tool, I have ever seen. I do not understand, why it is not well known by many people, because it is really one of the most precious portable-tools I know. Until now I must use it outside frome LiberKey. This app would also contribute to make LiberKey more useful and popular and vice versa IYF would be discovered by more peopl,e if it would be integrated in LiberKey.

My proposal to the LiberKey staff or people, who read this post:
Please download and use the portable IYF to test it!

If you know it, you will never be without IYF in a big company network. Now you can find each file in max. 3 seconds
Please try it and then give a comment here in this forum, what is Your opinion to "Index Your Files".
I use IYF every day since estimated 2 years.
ErnestB
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Please incorporate "Index Your Files" (IYF) in LiberKey

Messagede akhouri_sarvesh » 17 Janvier 2013, 21:15

I will try this app. But even if it is a good app - developers consent is also important before it could appear in LiberKey.
akhouri_sarvesh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Messagede ErnestB » 17 Janvier 2013, 23:11

Some minutes ago I wrote the following E-Mail to the developer (contact juan.rafael.castro@gmail.com see http://www.indexyourfiles.com):

Dear Juan Rafael Castro!
In my opinion IYF is the very best portable search tool for networks. I cannot understand that not many people know it and like it, see http://alternativeto.net/software/index-your-files/
So I (ErnestB) have suggested to integrate it in LiberKey, which is the best platform for portable apps, in this forum:
http://www.liberkey.com/en/forums/appli ... tml#p36540
Now I im glad to read that the LiberKey Expert Boarder akhouri_sarvesh seems to try this app for Liberkey. He wrote:
I will try this app. But even if it is a good app - developers consent is also important before it could appear in LiberKey.

I think the integration in Liberkey will make IYF more popular and this should be good for IYF.
Would you be so nice to write in this forum, that you agree to the integration of IYF into Liberkey.
On the other side I can recommend you to try LiberKey. It is excellent, in a similar kind as IYF is excellent too.
Best Regards

I hope the develover will give his permission to integrate IYF to LiberKey.
Many Thanks to akhouri_sarvesh for your answer to this topic.
Best Regards
ErnestB
ErnestB
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede akhouri_sarvesh » 20 Janvier 2013, 22:47

The application is already portable. You can copy the application folder under MyApps and Drag 'n' drop the exe to My menu - that's it and all is done.
akhouri_sarvesh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Please incorporate "Index Your Files" (IYF) in LiberKey-Cata

Messagede ErnestB » 27 Mars 2013, 20:58

akhouri_sarvesh a écrit:The application is already portable. You can copy the application folder under MyApps and Drag 'n' drop the exe to My menu - that's it and all is done.

Dear Akhouri!
I know, that is possible to use IYF in MyApps as you described. But I suggest to integrate it to the Liberkey-Apps-List, which you can see in http://www.liberkey.com/en/catalog-flat-list-view.html.
So more people would detect IYF, and the installation and update-process would be better and easier.
ErnestB
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

6 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Applications submission