[Solved] Application to keep file associations?

A problem using LiberKey ?
7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

[Solved] Application to keep file associations?

Messagede Dirki » 12 Avril 2010, 22:59

Which application(s) (contained in Liberkey) can always keep all the file associations after manually associating all the extensions (jpg, mp3 etc.) the first time? So I associate jpg with e.g. SmartStone-Viewer and on another notebook this association is automatically provided.

Nice greetings Dirk
Windows 10 Version 6.2 (Build 9200) Home, 64bit
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Application to keep file associations?

Messagede Dji » 13 Avril 2010, 08:45

You should not set file associations inside the application themselves, you may use "activate file association" indeed (Liberkey Tools menu). You will have "KeyFileAssoc" tray icon where you can modify file associations.
If you want it into another computer, please modify its settings in order to run it at Liberkey startup (right click -> Configure file associations)

Sometimes some updates/installation modify file associations so if you want to maintain them by your own, you have to modify default update behavior (Liberkey Tools -> Liberkey Options -> installation -> Don't modify file associations)
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede Dirki » 13 Avril 2010, 10:37

Many thanks Dji,

Sorry, I cannot find this: "activate file association" indeed (Liberkey Tools menu)". And this also:

"You will have "KeyFileAssoc" tray icon where you can modify file associations.
If you want it into another computer, please modify its settings in order to run it at Liberkey startup (right click -> Configure file associations)"

So, if I understand right, I can edit here - (right click -> Configure file associations) - the file associations, so that they will be kept on the next PC / Notebook.

Thanks again, nice greetings Dirk
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede Dji » 13 Avril 2010, 11:35

Dirki a écrit:Sorry, I cannot find this: "activate file association" indeed (Liberkey Tools menu)".

The exact menu entry is "Enable file associations"

Dirki a écrit:So, if I understand right, I can edit here - (right click -> Configure file associations) - the file associations, so that they will be kept on the next PC / Notebook.

Yes, if you run "KeyFileAssoc" at (Liberkey) startup ;)

To run it at (Liberkey) startup: menu -> Launch Liberkey -> Right clic on menu entry "Enable file associations" -> Properties -> Advanced -> Autoexecute -> Only if no previous instances are running.

Set the defaults you want and do not forget to prevent file associations changes by setting up Updates/Installation default behavior: menu -> Launch Liberkey -> Right clic on menu entry "Liberkey configuration" -> Installation -> "Set associations of new applications" or "never update the file association" if you want to do it by your own.
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede Dirki » 13 Avril 2010, 23:34

Thank you dji,

Okay, I did so far...

Set the defaults you want and do not forget to prevent file associations changes by setting up Updates/Installation default behavior: menu -> Launch Liberkey -> Right clic on menu entry "Liberkey configuration" -> Installation -> "Set associations of new applications" or "never update the file association" if you want to do it by your own.

...but I cannot find the last menu item: ..."Installation". The menu item "LiberKey Configuration" seems not to contain an item "Installation". And so I couldn't find "Set associations of new applications".

Many thanks again, nice greetings Dirk
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede irawr123 » 13 Avril 2010, 23:43

irawr123
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dirki » 14 Avril 2010, 00:00

Ah yes, many thanks irawr123 for the screenshots,

Now I have got it.

Thank you again, Dirk
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support