[Solved] Drag & Drop problem using Liberkey with Windows 7

A problem using LiberKey ?
4 messages • Page 1 sur 1

[Solved] Drag & Drop problem using Liberkey with Windows 7

Messagede S.Marcius » 26 Novembre 2009, 10:37

Hi,

I have a strange problem when using Liberkey on my Windows 7.
When I open up an application e.g. ReNamer (file renaming application) I was used to drag & drop the files to be renamed from an explorer window to the ReNamer window.
For some strange reasons this drag&drop feature does not work anymore for me. The only way is to open the application (ReNamer) and to manually "add" files via the menu (which is very time intensive).

I'm pretty sure this is NOT a Liberkey problem as I have another Windows 7 PC where everything is running fine.

I would just like to know if somebody experienced the same problems and if there is a solution for this drag&drop problem.

Thanks in advance
S.Marcius
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Drag & Drop problem using Liberkey with Windows 7

Messagede skybird » 26 Novembre 2009, 19:58

Hi S.Marcius.

Coincidence?
I had exactly the same problem yesterday after a (new) fresh install of Seven RC. Impossible to drag-n-drop files in Notepad++. And Process Explorer would not start.
But my problem appeared after i "played" with registry and windows' services (Firewall, windows defender et some other).

I didn't find the source of the problem so i re-installed one more time :S
skybird
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Messagede S.Marcius » 27 Novembre 2009, 10:19

Hello skybird,

this is exactly what I did. I installed a new, fresh Windows 7 to be sure my Liberkey is running.

Unfortunately a fresh install did not change anything. :-(

To be honest I just started Liberkey once (with Administrator rights) and my drag&drop problem still exists.

My next plan is to download a fresh copy of Liberkey and to install it to C:\ just to see if there is a possible difference in the LOCATION, my "USB-stick" is actually a USB-HDD which I usually run with a SATA connection of plugged to USB.

If you find out what kind of "settings" you have changed, it would be definitely of interest for me as I do not have installed anything but just bare Windows 7 (no Firewall, nothing) and it doesn't work.

Thanks.
S.Marcius
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede S.Marcius » 27 Novembre 2009, 10:24

Ha, just 5 seconds after writing my last post I found out what my personal problem was:

I always started Liberkey with Administrator rights (like I am used to because I run several portable XP applications that will only work if you run as Admin).

Now I just started the Application with the regula double click AND IT WORKS ! :laugh:

As I do not speak French I do not know how to Close this thread, but I would say it is SOLVED.

Sorry for disturbing,

Samuel
S.Marcius
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

4 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support