[Solved] File Assoc problem

A problem using LiberKey ?
5 messages • Page 1 sur 1

[Solved] File Assoc problem

Messagede whatcolour » 06 Avril 2010, 22:30

Hi,

Have been enjoying the ever-so-great Liberkey for a few days now.

Just encountered a problem with file assoc, in that Liberkey apps are not default anymore.

When I first installed the Ultimate edition, everything worked fine. But after building a suite for myself using the platform edition, Liberkey apps do not seem to be default anymore. For example, once file assoc enabled, Notepad++ used to be default for all txt files, but not anymore, Notepad++ can only be invoked by right clicking the file and select "open with Notepad++" now.

Thanks.
whatcolour
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: File Assoc problem

Messagede irawr123 » 07 Avril 2010, 01:47

irawr123
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede whatcolour » 07 Avril 2010, 11:01

Thanks.

I know that I could play around with the settings and get everything to work as default, something like what you've suggested. However, when I was using the Ultimate edition, no such manual interaction was needed, is this normal? Also, if i were to manually make apps default, do I have to do this one by one, or is there a way to make all Liberkey apps default in one go?
whatcolour
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede irawr123 » 07 Avril 2010, 17:59

It's normal if you want that level of customization.
You have to do it one by one. There are many file extensions that are opened by more than one application, thus you could not set all applications as default because you cannot have more than one default per file extension.
irawr123
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede whatcolour » 08 Avril 2010, 00:27

Alright. Take this as problem solved.

Tried building everything from scratch using the Platform edition, same thing again, apps not registered as default.

Tried using the Basic edition as the basis, everything worked fine. Does seem to be a bug with the platform edition.

Consider this post closed.
whatcolour
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

5 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support