Update issues

A problem using LiberKey ?
5 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Update issues

Messagede scott.schiller » 05 Octobre 2009, 23:33

I am trying to update the current software and every update it tells me that "an error has occurred during the installation of this application !" and then I have to quit it. This is VERY annoying when you have as many updates as you do. Any ideas on how to fix this?

I installed LiberKey on USB thumb drive that has plenty of available space (64GB).

Thanks
scott.schiller
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re:Update issues

Messagede JP4U » 05 Octobre 2009, 23:48

Hello scott.schiller and welcome to the forum.
Did you see this topic : liberkey's update stopped by the firewall ? It's possible it solve your problem.

You can also have a look at the English FAQ and download the Liberkey's english help file.

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Messagede HungrigerWolf » 11 Octobre 2009, 06:15

Hi there,

I also have a slight problem with the Updatefunction (it happens after installations of new programs as well, but i think it must be the same source).

And the problem is, that Liberkey -when it restarts- creates for every updated Programm a complete "Menucopy". Means when I update 3 programs I have 4 times "Audio", 4 times "CD -DVD" and so on. Now image what it's like,when there are more (at the moment 21 updates are open X_X ).

I don't get it,why this happens. I installed the Ultimate Edition and added a few programs by myself and discovered the programlist on the page some days after. So i reinstalled it and added the programs again. Nothing changed between those two installations.
HungrigerWolf
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede JP4U » 12 Octobre 2009, 02:17

Hello and welcome to the forum HungrigerWolf.

You said :
And the problem is, that Liberkey -when it restarts- creates for every updated Programm a complete "Menucopy". Means when I update 3 programs I have 4 times "Audio", 4 times "CD -DVD" and so on. Now image what it's like,when there are more (at the moment 21 updates are open X_X ).

The problem is certainly because you have modified the Asuite interface between
the Audio and video ; to personalize interface or to add your own soft.
It's a known problem between Asuite and the automatic updates.
In future, to add your own soft you can put it them in MyApps folder and create our own tree in the directory My software in Asuite interface.
To repair your key, you can find automatic backups like Asuite.xml.XYZ.bak in the Asuite's folder in Liberkey\Apps\Asuite. You can rename your Asuite.xml and replace it by one these files for trying to have a good interface and updates.
If these action don't work correctly, you can also find a Asuite.xml file in the directory sos of Asuite.

You can find an english FAQ here.

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Re: Update issues

Messagede HungrigerWolf » 16 Novembre 2009, 21:02

I thought, that this would be the problem, but after a re-install the problem still remains. I only added 5 programs from the Website.

First i got two oder three programs to update, but than a big one with about 25-30 programs which causes the Copies. It wouldn't matter, but somehow my computer can't handle such an delete process.

So i could (just guessing) update only one oder two programms in one turn. But with some sort of update...probably an 1.5 hour occupation =/
Will give it a try and report my results!
HungrigerWolf
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

5 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support