WINRAR

Propose and present new applications that could be integrated
Règles du forum
¤ Rules for applications' submission.
¤ Direct download links are prohibited and will be deleted without notice.
3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

WINRAR

Messagede GyverX » 14 Juillet 2010, 22:30

I have been looking into how to import Winrar into liberkey and have it act the same way as it does with U3. Anyone have any tips?

Winrar would be a great addition as it is about the only one I use with all the systems I work with at home and abroad

Thanks
GyverX
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: WINRAR

Messagede Anakey » 14 Juillet 2010, 22:54

Hi, afaik winRAR is a shareware application, so therefore could not be placed in the liberkey. As for putting it on your own key, you may be able to as long as it does not use reg keys for the password. The easiest way to do this is to use universal extractor to get the required files from the installer

1) download Universal extractor from the liberkey site if you have not already got it in your own key and also download the installer for winRAR if you don't already have it

2) Run Universal extractor and where it says archive to extract, just browse to the downloaded winRAR setup file and click ok

3) once the extractor has done its work, there will be a folder containing all the extracted eecutables and dll files that the application needs then you can run WinRAR.exe or whatever the main app is called and see if it works

As i said before, if it uses a reg keys then it won't work on other computers properly
Anakey
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: WINRAR

Messagede MicketsBR » 14 Août 2010, 17:52

WinRAR is shareware, and LiberKey already has good tools that replace WinRAR.

I myself used to use WinRAR, but now only use 7Zip (on LiberKey), as it does just the same, including the context menus that I always use.

Plus, if you compress to 7Z format you can achieve even smaller files. And you can make a self-extractable 7Z file, for those who don't have 7-Zip installed.

Mickets
MicketsBR
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Applications submission