how is this supposed to work as portable?

Discussions (excluding Support)
3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

how is this supposed to work as portable?

Messagede electroken » 24 Mai 2012, 17:29

I downloaded this expecting to see I large file or several files which I could copy to my usb stick and then use that to run the individual apps on any computer. I now see that all the apps included in the LiberKey are installed on my computer since I see them in my windows programs folder. I was under the impression that they would be portable and not really installed on my computer. I expected to see a number of freeware or shareware programs.
Is there an overall explanation of LiberKey somewhere to tell me how I can use it other than now having a large collection of applications on my one computer?
I hope I am asking this question properly. I already have a version of Nero portable for instance which I can run from almost any computer. It really never installs. I am starting to feel I might not have the correct expectations for the programs in LiberKey. Can someone put it in simple language?
electroken
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: how is this supposed to work as portable?

Messagede bichlepa » 24 Mai 2012, 19:01

If I understood right, you didn't change the installation folder, so your LiberKey with all its applications is installed in C:\LiberKey\... That means, on your computer.
But it isn't a problem. LiberKey is fully portable. You can just move the folder "LiberKey" to your portable drive (ensure LiberKey is closed before moving). Then you can start it from your portable drive.
bichlepa
German translator
German translator

Re: how is this supposed to work as portable?

Messagede electroken » 24 Mai 2012, 19:46

Oh ok, I just saw it install and thought it was only going to work on my one computer. I will give that a try and use an empty usb drive to do it, just in case it cleans it out first.
electroken
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions