Portable Blogging Tool

Discussions (excluding Support)
3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Portable Blogging Tool

Messagede akhouri_sarvesh » 21 Décembre 2009, 19:17

First of all my apologies for posting in this section. Since I did not have a particular application name to suggest which I could put in the subject so I decided to post here.

Although LiberKey is quick complete but I am looking for a portable version of a blogging tool which is yet to be incorporated.

Windows Live Writer is nice but It cannot be included due to License restriction. But there are a few other applications which do work.

Zoundry Raven™
version: 1.0.375 for windows
Freeware now
Language: English
Homepage: http://www.zoundryraven.com/

Smart Blogger
The software supports three web-blogs:
- LiveJournal
- Blogger
- WordPress
Freeware
Platforms: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows® 7
Homepage: http://www.smartpctools.com/smart_blogger/
Note:I checked that it is no more available for download from its home site but can be downloaded from other download providers. I also have a copy of the installer as well as portable version.

w.bloggar
Version: 4.03.199
Freeware
Platform: Microsoft Windows
Language: Multi-language (English (USA), Portuguese (Brazil), German (Germany), Russian, Spanish (Traditional Sort), French (Canada), Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Indonesian , Icelandic, Hungarian, )
Homepage: http://wbloggar.com/download.php

Qumana Blog editor may have License restrictions too.

I will try to find out a few others also. Meanwhile if someone uses any other tool for blog posting he can suggest.

Looking forward
akhouri_sarvesh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Portable Blogging Tool

Messagede skybird » 21 Décembre 2009, 20:13

Hi akhouri_sarvesh.
Interesting Blogging Tool but it seems they have not been updated since more one year (minimum)

akhouri_sarvesh a écrit:Zoundry Raven™
version: 1.0.375 for windows
Freeware now
Language: English
Homepage: http://www.zoundryraven.com/

and open source

Do you know Thingamablog (requires Java)?
This is not exactly the same thing (it doesn't handle the knowns blog's platforms)
skybird
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Portable Blogging Tool

Messagede akhouri_sarvesh » 21 Décembre 2009, 21:06

I do agree with you that they have not been updated since long.

But the thing is that they do work.

Some applications Like Abakt, regshot and Asuite itself have not been updated since long.

Do you know Thingamablog (requires Java)?
This is not exactly the same thing (it doesn't handle the knowns blog's platforms)

This tool is nice but requires java :sick:
PortableApps have implemented a Java Portable
along with a Java Portable Launcher.

winPenPack also had Java and now have come out with JavaGet.

In the sphere of a series of actions aimed at the project modernization, contemplating the automation and/or streamlining of certain procedures, the winPenPack Team announces the birth of a new utility: JavaGet. This program, which will be contained into the packs and into the X-Softwares that require Java, deals with automating the management of the installation or upgrade of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) directly in the \Lib\Java folder, therefore avoiding the user all the operations until now required (download of the latest version of the JRE, installation on the host PC, copy the \bin and \lib folders under \Lib\Java, uninstall Java) and maintain all our project in complete compliance with the various licenses.

I am expecting LiberKey to also consider the option of Java.

But the other part of the story is that Thingamablog does not support regular blogging sites - since most people use regular blogging sites like blogger.com etc.

Let's us find out some more applications.
akhouri_sarvesh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions