A guide to make portable apps with LiberKeyPortabilizer?

A problem using LiberKey ?
23 messages • Page 2 sur 31, 2, 3

Re: A guide to make portable apps with LiberKeyPortabilizer?

Messagede Dji » 01 Octobre 2014, 15:18

In my previous posts, I gave you two full examples and a documented wiki (thanks skybird !)
I suggested you starting with another application, more simple (already portable !), just for the "Proof Of Concept" but you requested me to give you the full answer for a copyrighted product which I'm not sure it can be "portabilized"...
Sorry if I can't spend hours (or days) for that but community do, just wait for their answer if they answer.

(sorry for being so abrupt, this would not be my day today)
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede emil9782 » 01 Octobre 2014, 22:04

Well, i posted in details what i am doing and what i am getting as a result. And i am getting only vague answers and links to threads that are not even on english.

And i did try to follow the guide for Background Switcher but the result is the same as for Kindle for PC, when i try to create the launcher it just starts the program, BackgroundSwitcher.exe, and nothing more.
emil9782
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 01 Octobre 2014, 22:32

Err, I don't understand what did you expect else ?

with "simple" setup for lpf file, portabilizer just start the program, nothing else. with more "complex" setup for lpf file, portabilizer can save and restore running context (registry entries or files) in order to keep the application still working well if you change liberkey folder location, liberkey drive or if you use it under another computer. This is the "simple" definition for portability: use everywhere without installation, without leaving traces after application runs
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede emil9782 » 02 Octobre 2014, 09:51

I expected when i open MyApplicationLauncher.bat the portabilizer to create a launcher as the launcher creator from portableapps.com does. Because when i look in some of the liberkey official packages, for example - paint.net, there are three files in the Apps folder: Paint.netLKL.exe (the launcher) and two more files - AppInfo.lbk and Paint.netLKL.dat which i don't know what they contain because they can not be opened.
emil9782
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 02 Octobre 2014, 10:55

You miss one point: we are not PortableApps ;-) We does not share the same engine, the same way of doing it.

.lbk file is useless for portability, it is here for the menu entries.
.dat file is a crypted .lpf file.

We do not create launcher by using LiberkeyPortabilizer ! LiberkeyPortabilizer is the application launcher and we pass to it the .lpf file for application configuration and portability setup.

Paint.NetLKL.exe is just a shortcut (like your .cmd but more "user friendly" with application icon and without opening a command prompt) launching "..\..\LiberKeyTools\LiberKeyPortabilizer\LiberKeyPortabilizer.exe" "<path to paint.net lpf file>" /lkpend

If you want to make your own launcher, please check the corresponding Wiki section but on my point of view, creating your own launcher is useless if you add lpf extension to KFA configuration, like described in the corresponding Wiki section
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede emil9782 » 02 Octobre 2014, 12:09

Ok, that clears some things for me.

So, how to create more user friendly shortcut, instead of the .cmd file, that will start the portable program without opening the command prompt?
emil9782
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 02 Octobre 2014, 12:29

Dji a écrit:If you want to make your own launcher, please check the corresponding Wiki section but on my point of view, creating your own launcher is useless if you add lpf extension to KFA configuration, like described in the corresponding Wiki section
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede emil9782 » 02 Octobre 2014, 12:54

That is confusing. In the example with Paint.net you said that Paint.NetLKL.exe is just a shortcut that starts the program without opening the command prompt. My question is how to create that kind of shortcut, not a launcher. Or do you mean shortcut and launcher are the same thing?
emil9782
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 02 Octobre 2014, 13:29

Paint.NetLKL.exe is like a shortcut, not a real shortcut on Windows point of view.

Paint.netLKL.exe is a real exe which start LiberkeyPortabilizer.exe using the lpf file and LiberkeyPortabilizer run Paint.Net.exe in a portable mode (so based on lpf file content).
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede emil9782 » 02 Octobre 2014, 14:26

I think i found the way to create this .exe file. I downloaded the NSIS compiler and i dragged the .nsi file, that was in ...\MyApps\BackgroundSwitcher directory, to the compiler window and it generated the .exe file. Now when i click on the .exe file it starts the program without opening the command prompt.

Is this the right way?

I guess i have to use program like Resource Hacker to add icon to the .exe file?
emil9782
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

PrécédenteSuivante

23 messages • Page 2 sur 31, 2, 3

Retourner vers Support