Liberkey makes Windows 10 very slow

A problem using LiberKey ?
21 messages • Page 1 sur 31, 2, 3

Liberkey makes Windows 10 very slow

Messagede harri.makinen@gmx.com » 07 Décembre 2016, 02:11

Since a few months back Liberkey is making Windows 10 (64 bit) unusably slow each time it's open. Some Windows interface elements don't open at all, menus don't show and so on. For instance the Chrome menu only loads a grey vertical line; the menu never shows up. The Windows Tray app menu (opens normally with the little upward showing arrow) doesn't open, instead only shows like a see-through box, no app icons.

The only thing that fixes the problem after Liberkey has been open is a reboot.

I've used Liberkey for a long time but have now decided to delete it, because a problem like this has existed for several months. It is completely unusable as it is.
harri.makinen@gmx.com
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Liberkey makes Windows 10 very slow

Messagede leeonell » 07 Décembre 2016, 10:45

Hello,

very strange problem. I also use liberkey on Win 10 x64 since several month without any problems.

The only explanation is that your liberkey is corrupted. Maybe try from a new blank liberkey with some applications newly downloaded just to compare.

Have a nice day :bigsmile:
« Pour réussir, il ne suffit pas de prévoir. Il faut aussi savoir improviser. » I. Asimov

Le problème avec les gens qui réclament la transparence, c'est que ce sont souvent eux qui se trouvent derrière le miroir sans tain ... :ninja:
leeonell
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Messagede harri.makinen@gmx.com » 08 Décembre 2016, 21:48

Shoot. Ok, will have to try that.
harri.makinen@gmx.com
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede harri.makinen@gmx.com » 12 Décembre 2016, 01:31

Deletion and re-install of Liberkey didn't help. The problem persists.

Pity, I'll now have to start using PortableApps, after at least 10 years with Liberkey. Think about it: install each application separately. How awful and primitive.
harri.makinen@gmx.com
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede JP4U » 12 Décembre 2016, 18:36

Hello

Can you describe us what is your configuration.
As for other bugs it's possible the problem appears only with few PC.

In advance thanks.

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Messagede harri.makinen@gmx.com » 12 Décembre 2016, 21:28

Hi,

It's a Windows 10 system, 64-bit, with the interface set to Finnish (Finland). It is up-to-date, obviously, since MS now forces it to be.

The hardware is a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, with Windows used in desktop mode (haven't ever tried Liberkey in tablet mode). Intel Core i5-4300U processor with Intel HD Graphics 4400.

I don't really know what else to list?
harri.makinen@gmx.com
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede JP4U » 13 Décembre 2016, 00:15

Have you verify and updated all your graphical drivers, and also if you use one sometime, your mouse's driver ?

After a Windows 10 update I had also some lags, but the latests ones have solved them on my Aspire R7 after a total reboot. It also has a touch screen like your Surface Pro.

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Messagede harri.makinen@gmx.com » 13 Décembre 2016, 17:31

Microsoft provides all the drivers for the Surface Pro series devices via the Windows Update system. So they are always the newest.

My system does not only become slow, it becomes unusable, because certain interface elements open see-trough/blank. For instance the tray menu (when you click the up arrow), it will no longer show any icons, but instead with with a loooong delay (30-60 seconds) displays a see-through blanc background only. Same with the Chrome menu which opens from the three dots in the upper right corner. Start menu stops opening completely.

Everything is up-to-date, even Liberkey was, until I deleted it to make sure I no longer accidentally open the menu. I tend to lose data because after some minutes with Liberkey menu open the system completely stops responding. The menus stop working immediately Liberkey opens.

(Now trying to get used to PortableApps but I find it awful. None of the good stuff from Liberkey is there, like the Ultimate Suite, which is the best thing in computing since the browser was invented (maybe I'm exaggerating a bit), and the associations (PortableApps doesn't have that at all). And you have to install each app manually - so primitive. Many good apps which Liberkey has and which I rely on are missing in PortableApps.)
harri.makinen@gmx.com
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede leeonell » 14 Décembre 2016, 11:09

You say that you have problem with Chrome from the liberkey for example.

Just to be sure if you use Chrome from portableapps you haven't the problem ?

After some research on internet it seems there is some lag problems in general with the surface pro 3.

You say the problem begin since few months back, but did the liberkey work before on your machine? Or since your on the surface pro 3 it never works correctly ?

If you can know when exactly the problem occurs, you can eventualy determine if the problem begin after a microsoft update.
« Pour réussir, il ne suffit pas de prévoir. Il faut aussi savoir improviser. » I. Asimov

Le problème avec les gens qui réclament la transparence, c'est que ce sont souvent eux qui se trouvent derrière le miroir sans tain ... :ninja:
leeonell
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Messagede toeoe » 04 Janvier 2017, 16:09

The exactly same problems here: very slow Windows 10, menus seeming empty. Also slow work of the LiberKey-apps.
Only a restart of the whole system helps to act normally again. But when starting LiberKey the problems start again.

The problems appear in the portable version and also in the desktop version.

I'm using Win 10 64 bit, German (Switzerland). Up to date. Intel Core i-5 desktop PC. Intel HD Graphics.
I updated Logitech mouse software (SetPoint) to version 6.67.83. Now it seems to work better (less problems), but there are still delays, so unfortunately not solved.
toeoe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Suivante

21 messages • Page 1 sur 31, 2, 3

Retourner vers Support