Missing menu text

A problem using LiberKey ?
7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Missing menu text

Messagede erich2311 » 05 Janvier 2012, 20:50

I am using LiberKey for quite a long time on English versions of Windows XP and Windows 7, and I find it very useful. Lately, I tried to use it on my daughter's laptop (German Windows 7), but all the menu texts are missing. I tried various things, e.g. installing LiberKey on the laptop's C-drive, but could not manage to make the menu texts appear. Any idea what could be wrong? Could there be a problem with missing fonts? Thanks in advance for your help.
erich2311
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Missing menu text

Messagede bichlepa » 06 Janvier 2012, 17:26

Well, on my German Windows 7 machine it works.

Does anything happen when you try to change the language in the settings?
bichlepa
German translator
German translator

Messagede erich2311 » 08 Janvier 2012, 18:46

I tried to change language to English - no result, i.e. I get only icons in my menus, but no text. However, when clicking on a specific icon, I actually get the description window of that application including text! Any other ideas what could be wrong?
erich2311
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede JP4U » 09 Janvier 2012, 00:16

Hello.

Not sure it can solve the problem, but perhaps...

Before all, close your liberkey and backup all the Liberkey Menu folder in Liberkey\LiberkeyTools. (it can help us to found where it's the problem.)

In Liberkey\LiberkeyTools\LiberkeyMenu\data\Menu you can a file named default.xml . Renamed it in old_default.xml, for example.

In the same directory you can see a folder named bak. In it you can found backup of files like
default_2012-01-08_22-47-27.xml . Copy one of them in Liberkey\LiberkeyTools\LiberkeyMenu\data\Menu, rename it in default.xml then restart your Liberkey.

Is the problem resolved ?

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Messagede erich2311 » 14 Avril 2012, 17:19

Hallo again,
unfortunately, the problem is not yet fixed. I have the same LiberKey-installation on a memory stick that works fine on all my PCs and laptops except my daughter's brand-new laptop (purchased in Germany). The only possible explanation seems to be that the font used by LiberKey is not installed on the laptop. Could you tell me which fonts exactly are you using, and where can I get it? Thanks a lot in advance.
P.S.: Don't be astonished about the long time that has passed since your response, but I didn't have access to my daughter's laptop since last Xmas, because she is living in Munich, whereas I am living in Crete.
erich2311
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede kaimnryu » 09 Décembre 2012, 06:53

same here. liberkey works fine in my dad's laptop (winxp) and my home pc (windows 7 x64); but doesn't show any text when plugin my usb to my office's computer (windows 7 32)
i even tried installing a fresh copy of liberkey, but the results were the same.
i don't think it's a compatibility problem it's rather a specific windows configuration or a missing liberkey option.
kaimnryu
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede kokbira » 09 Décembre 2012, 15:47

What is the path where LiberKey is used?

Try using C:\LiberKey, D:\LiberKey... I don't know about LiberKey menu issues installing on other locations, but some apps would have problems, like GIMP, when installed on paths with accent characters - and perhaps with umlaut (ß)...

See also which anti-virus software those computers are using, user privileges etc.
kokbira
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

7 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support