New LiberKey

A problem using LiberKey ?
9 messages • Page 1 sur 1

New LiberKey

Messagede StitcherFleck » 06 Avril 2015, 14:24

I've just installed the latest version of LiberKey on a flash drive. When I start up the LiberKey I get the option to install an application suite and started to install one of the suites. However, I've noticed that I only have a Recent menu and no installed applications menu so I can't see what is installed. How do I get a menu of installed applications?

Thanks
StitcherFleck
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: New LiberKey

Messagede Dji » 06 Avril 2015, 21:03

Liberkey comes without any installed applications. This is why you have the wizard menu asking you the suite (list of applications) to install. Did you choice (and install) one of them ?
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede StitcherFleck » 07 Avril 2015, 09:37

As I said in my original email I started to install one of the application suites but then realised that I have no menu for the installed applications to appear in.

I had a previous LiberKey that unfortunately corrupted during update but I can remember that having more than one menu tab, something like one with all the installed applications listed, one with the applications you had used recently and one with favourites.

When I install the LiberKey application now I only have a single menu tab and that is "Recent". My question is how to I get the other menu tabs to appear?

Thanks
StitcherFleck
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 07 Avril 2015, 09:55

It would be automatic but menu file is the following: Liberkey\LiberKeyTools\LiberKeyMenu\data\Menu\default.xml
Import it using "import menu" feature:
2015-04-07 09-51-59.jpg
2015-04-07 09-51-59.jpg (23.42 Kio) Vu 23387 fois
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede StitcherFleck » 07 Avril 2015, 11:46

Thanks for the response. However, I've just done a clean install of the LiberKey application to my flash drive from the installation file I downloaded yesterday. I have not yet installed any applications. This time I get the "Most Used" and "Recent" menu tabs displayed. I tried your suggestion of importing the menu but I do not have a default.xml file in the menu directory, it only contains mostused.xml and quicklaunch.xml.

Doing a quick search of the directories indicates that there is no file called default.xml in the installed directories.

Any suggestions?
StitcherFleck
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 07 Avril 2015, 11:55

Do you have subfolders corresponding to your chosen applications in folder Liberkey\Apps ?
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede StitcherFleck » 07 Avril 2015, 12:18

I've just installed three applications from the basic suite and my LiberKey menu tab has appeared showing those three applications. That didn't happen yesterday when I installed some applications so something must have gone wrong then.

Hopefully I will be able to continue with my installation now.

Thanks for your help.
StitcherFleck
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede StitcherFleck » 08 Avril 2015, 16:44

Ok. Yesterday having reinstalled the LiberKey application I spent some time installing initially the Basic suite of applications and then the Standard suite. These all installed and my LiberKey application menu was visible. I started to add the extra applications for the Ultimate suite but I had a failure on one application. I decided to shut down my LiberKey and come back to it today.

Having started up my LiberKey today I can only see the Most Used and Recent menus again. I tried your suggestion of importing the default menu from "default.xml" but I get the error "You cannot import a menu that is already in your LiberKey" so obviously the application "thinks" the menu is there but I can't see it.

Any suggestions on how I can make the menu visible? The way things stand I cannot see what applications I have installed.
StitcherFleck
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 08 Avril 2015, 16:50

Try to (manually) overwrite default.xml with latest file from "bak" subfolder

You can also import again applications from Liberkey\Apps folder:
@glecalot
Dji