Possible to use liberkey without categories?

A problem using LiberKey ?
5 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Possible to use liberkey without categories?

Messagede crypto92 » 06 Mars 2013, 08:05

How do i use liberkey apps menu without categories? I want all the apps listed in alphabetical order regardless of their category even when new apps are added. How do i do that?
(I know about the my menu, but i want the apps to be added to the list automatically.)
crypto92
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Possible to use liberkey without categories?

Messagede Dji » 06 Mars 2013, 09:34

This is not possible sorry, but as you mentioned, this could be done by using drag&drop all of LKL.exe (use search *LKL.exe) in one shot into your own menu.
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede crypto92 » 06 Mars 2013, 16:55

Dji a écrit:This is not possible sorry, but as you mentioned, this could be done by using drag&drop all of LKL.exe (use search *LKL.exe) in one shot into your own menu.

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the delay. I use liberkey as a start menu replacement. I use it in my desktop and not on a thumb drive. It helps me keep all settings intact after updating apps and when i reinstall windows. Thats why i asked such a question. Because i pin liberkey to the taskbar and launch most apps from the liberkey menu.
Thanks anyway. I hope liberkey would support such feature(disabling category) in the future.

I did what you said and it seems to work well. Thats enough for me.
Thanks again.
crypto92
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Dji » 06 Mars 2013, 17:13

Windows 8 menu replacement, right ? ;)
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede crypto92 » 07 Mars 2013, 11:07

I do use windows 8, i like the metro start menu as well.
I only use liberkey so that i can update apps easily while keeping my settings unchanged.
For example: Piriform updates ccleaner frequently. When i install that update over my existing version using their installer, some checkboxes like create desktop shortcuts, add ccleaner context menu to recycle bin, install for all users etc.. are checked by default and its annoying (cause i dont like those settings and i have to change them during all ccleaner updates and theres a chance that i may forget to uncheck them when im in a hurry)
Thats just an example. Similarly there are many apps that i find annoying and useful. Thats why i use Liberkey to manage apps.
I dont use it from any removable media, but only on my internal HDD.
Me using Liberkey as a start menu has nothing to do with windows 8. I would have used Liberkey anyway even if i was using windows 7.
Though i dont use metro apps, I like both Windows 8 and its metro start . I keeps most app shortcuts and shortcuts for administrative tools in the metro menu.
I guess i shouldnt have used the word "replacement" in the previous reply.
I guess i cleared that out.
Thanks for staying in touch with quicker response.
crypto92
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

5 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support