VLC 64bit: Network Streaming fails!

A problem using LiberKey ?
2 messages • Page 1 sur 1

VLC 64bit: Network Streaming fails!

Messagede Reinhold » 16 Janvier 2015, 14:18

I tried to watch a video from YouTube with VLC on my Windows8.1, 64bit Computer, but got only error messages.
Watching the video on my Vista, 32bit Notbook worked all right!

I googled the problem and found out that the 64bit-Version of VLC is in beta state and *not* recommended!
The 32 bit version of VLC workes fine on all platforms; the 64bit version brings no advantages.

I have solved the problem for me by renaming the folder "Apps\VLC\App\VLC\x64" to "Dont use this___x64"; that forced VLCLKL.exe to always use the 32bit version.

My suggestion: Leave the 64bit version of VLC out of the distribution!

Greetings from Germany

Reinhold
Reinhold
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: VLC 64bit: Network Streaming fails!

Messagede Dji » 16 Janvier 2015, 15:10

Reinhold a écrit:I tried to watch a video from YouTube with VLC on my Windows8.1, 64bit Computer, but got only error messages.
Watching the video on my Vista, 32bit Notbook worked all right!

I have solved the problem for me by renaming the folder "Apps\VLC\App\VLC\x64" to "Dont use this___x64"; that forced VLCLKL.exe to always use the 32bit version.

Nice to see you found by yourself the correct workaround :bigsmile:

Reinhold a écrit:I googled the problem and found out that the 64bit-Version of VLC is in beta state and *not* recommended!

vlc 2.1.5 x64 is not in a (official) beta state

Reinhold a écrit:The 32 bit version of VLC workes fine on all platforms; the 64bit version brings no advantages.

No advantages ? Err, better perfomances for 64 bits operating systems, maybe ? ;) (ok, could be not perceptible)

Reinhold a écrit:My suggestion: Leave the 64bit version of VLC out of the distribution!

no way ;)
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

2 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support