Replace Text (formerly BKReplacem)

Propose and present new applications that could be integrated
Règles du forum
¤ Rules for applications' submission.
¤ Direct download links are prohibited and will be deleted without notice.
1 message • Page 1 sur 1

Replace Text (formerly BKReplacem)

Messagede MicketsBR » 24 Novembre 2009, 16:05

Language: English
License: Freeware
Virus test: tested OK with Avast!, AVG, and OfficeScan
Download location: http://www.ecobyte.com/replacetext/ReplaceText2.2.msi

Author's description (summarized):

Replace Text, formerly called BK ReplaceEm, is the free string-replacing utility for Windows.

Replace Text is essentially a text search-and-replace program.
Replace Text is designed to operate on multiple files at once. And you need not only perform one search-replace operation per file; you can setup a list of operations to perform. If different groups of files need to have different operations performed on them, this is no problem either. You can also specify a backup file for each file processed, just in case the replace operation didn't do exactly what you wanted.

One very powerful feature of Replace Text is that you can specify that the destination of the altered file be some other location than where it originally came from.

Another powerful ability of Replace Text is to make use of regular expression search-replace operations, as well as range search-replace operations.

Review (my review):
This is an awesome program. As an example, I can use it to search and replace a certain part of all the HTML files of a web site (e.g.: a menu, or header, delimited by comments, and that is the same on all files. The code on all files can be updated all at once).

As another example, I used this program to convert an HTML version of the Bible to a PalmBiblePlus format. I configured a number of regular expressions to convert the HTML tags, line breaks, etc. in to the format used for PalmBiblePlus to separate books, verses, verse numbers, chapter, etc. Once the expressions were setup and tested, the whole Bible was converted in less than one minute!

This is a must for anyone working with lots of text files
MicketsBR
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

1 message • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Applications submission