LiberKey dying again?

Discussions (excluding Support)
3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

LiberKey dying again?

Messagede yetisouth » 01 Juin 2015, 21:56

I noticed that updates have become fewer and far in between. Lately there was nothing at all. Is Liberkey dying? It almost happened a few years ago, but fortunately it was rescued.
Is it possible to create an automatic update scheme with 'Ketarin'. I have seen it used in the 'GEGeek Toolkit', although it does not work so well for all Apps. But maybe that would be less time consuming than doing it all by hand.
yetisouth
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: LiberKey dying again?

Messagede JP4U » 01 Juin 2015, 23:36

Good evening.

I Know there exists several apps to detect updates of softwares like
- Sumo (already in Liberkey)
- Secunia PSI
- Update star (free or not version)
- Appupdater
or, as you have noticed, Ketarin.

It's possible use scripts to create automatic update scheme when new versions of apps are detected and downloaded them. Problems appears when there are some significant differences between the old and the new app's version for the portabilisation. It's why there exists volunteers for betatests like pango, mike007, reals1,... Thanks to them for their work.

As moderator I don't know all the steps and the scripts used by Dji and vagabond to create the lks, portabilize and published them on Liberkey' servers. I simply know that some tools have been specifically written to.
Outside Liberkey they have another work and they have a family life, too. I think it's mainly why the development and the update aren't always continuous. Big thanks to them for their work.
For me, I have always been voluntary in the project.

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Re: LiberKey dying again?

Messagede yetisouth » 02 Juin 2015, 17:57

Thank you for your response.
The problem is, LIBERKEY is so much better than all the other portable Apps, that's why it must never die!
Thank you guys for your hard work - it is highly appreciated. :happy:
yetisouth
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

3 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers General discussions