Installation necessary of the suites though portables?

A problem using LiberKey ?
12 messages • Page 1 sur 21, 2

Installation necessary of the suites though portables?

Messagede Dirki » 06 Octobre 2009, 01:57

When I double click a file downloaded here to open a LiberKey suite a window opens saying that the suite will be installed (in C: or another chosen folder).

Does that mean there will be installed / copied / written anything to the registry or to somewhere else, what will stay on the PC (besides of a single folder with will contain the files of the application)? So, why is it necessary to install the portables (I would like to use them on the hard disc / PC)?

All the other portables I use don't need an installation, after downloading a file of a portable application it can just be opened and then it is fully running without installing anything.

Nice greetings, Dirk
Windows 10 Version 6.2 (Build 9200) Home, 64bit
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re:Installation necessary of the suites though portables?

Messagede andromede_dc » 06 Octobre 2009, 02:39

Hello,

Dirki écrit:
Does that mean there will be installed / copied / written anything to the registry or to somewhere else, what will stay on the PC (besides of a single folder with will contain the files of the application)?

You are right. It's just that.

Have look also here :
English FAQ
andromede_dc
Iron Boarder
Iron Boarder

Messagede skybird » 06 Octobre 2009, 08:56

Hi Dirki.
The installer is just like a self-extract format. Nothing is writing in registry or in other places.

You can easily unpack with 7zip (for exemple), this is the same result.
skybird
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Messagede Dirki » 06 Octobre 2009, 10:45

Thank you very much for your answers.

Oops, two different meanings saying the opposite:

Dirki écrit:
Does that mean there will be installed / copied / written anything to the registry or to somewhere else, what will stay on the PC (besides of a single folder with will contain the files of the application)?
You are right. It's just that.

The installer is just like a self-extract format. Nothing is writing in registry or in other places.

You can easily unpack with 7zip (for exemple), this is the same result.

That doesn't work on my system, 7zip or other (un)zippers don't show anything to unzipp. It doesn't seem to be a self extracting file, what I downloaded (this one: http://www.liberkey.com/en/download/6-l ... -ultimate/).

Have look also here :
English FAQ

Sorry, I couldn't find anything what helped me regarding this subject there.

Thanks again, nice greetings, Dirk
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede skybird » 06 Octobre 2009, 11:23

Dirki écrit:
That doesn't work on my system, 7zip or other (un)zippers don't show anything to unzipp. It doesn't seem to be a self extracting file

LiberKey use Inno Setup. You can extract with Universal Extractor.

All the other portables I use don't need an installation

You seem to be afraid by the word "Installer" or "Installation". Perhaps you prefer unpacker ?
Yes, LiberKey can use compression format like zip, 7z but with the installer format, users don't need of external software for extract and this is the best compromise compression/usability.
skybird
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Messagede Dirki » 06 Octobre 2009, 11:56

Many thanks, skybird.

You seem to be afraid by the word "Installer" or "Installation".

Yes indeed.
Perhaps you prefer unpacker ?

Yes indeed.

I downloaded the portable version of Universal Extractor here: http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=641

Trying (without success) to unzipp "LiberKey_Ultimate_4.5_EN.exe" with it, this error message occurs:

Signature detected: Inno Setup Setup Data (5.3.3) (u)
This is not directly supported, but i'll try to unpack it as version 5203
; Version detected: 5303
Critical error: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.
Unpacking failed. This version is not supported.

Yes, LiberKey can use compression format like zip, 7z but with the installer format, users don't need of external software for extract and this is the best compromise compression/usability.

Sorry, I do not quite understand: how can I unzipp LiberKey_Ultimate_4.5_EN.exe with 7Zip? (Edit:) When I try to unzipp with 7Zip an error message displays, meaning that "LiberKey_Ultimate_4.5_EN.exe" cannot be opened as an archive, so it cannot be be extracted.

Many thanks again, nice greetings, Dirk
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede skybird » 06 Octobre 2009, 13:34

Dirki écrit:
Yes indeed.
[...]
Yes indeed.

And you seem to be no trust in LiberKey.

Trying (without success) to unzipp "LiberKey_Ultimate_4.5_EN.exe" with it, this error message occurs:
[...]
Signature detected: Inno Setup Setup Data (5.3.3) [...]

Innounp.exe which is used by UE for unpack Inno setup executable is outdated. New version is available here. Download innounp023.rar, extract and place innounp.exe, innounp.htm in Universal Extractor's bin folder.
Installer extraction should work.

Sorry, I do not quite understand

I mean "LiberKey could use ".
skybird
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Messagede Dirki » 06 Octobre 2009, 15:21

Thank you skybird.

And you seem to be no trust in LiberKey

Argh....no no, not at all, I do really trust LiberKey...

I mean "LiberKey could use ".

Ah, I see, you cannot extract LiberKey_Ultimate_4.5_EN.exe with 7Zip, but LiberKey contains the program "7Zip".

And trying to unzipp "LiberKey_Ultimate_4.5_EN.exe" with the portable version of Universal Extractor I downloaded here failes: http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=641:

Signature detected: Inno Setup Setup Data (5.3.3) (u)
This is not directly supported, but i'll try to unpack it as version 5203
; Version detected: 5303
Critical error: The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.
Unpacking failed. This version is not supported.

Many thanks again, nice greetings, Dirk
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede skybird » 06 Octobre 2009, 15:42

Dirki écrit:
Ah, I see, you cannot extract LiberKey_Ultimate_4.5_EN.exe with 7Zip, but LiberKey contains the program "7Zip".

It could be packed and distributed in 7z archive. That's what i want (or i try) to say. But an installer (so, exe format) is the easiest to use.

And trying to unzipp "LiberKey_Ultimate_4.5_EN.exe" with the portable version of Universal Extractor I downloaded here failes: http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=641

Yes, i have tried and same result. That's why i talk about the outdated Innounp.exe in my previous post.
skybird
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Messagede Dirki » 06 Octobre 2009, 16:26

Arrrgh....sorry, skybird, my fault, I am the one who didn't understand: I just overread, missed this part your wrote, don't no why:

Innounp.exe which is used by UE for unpack Inno setup executable is outdated. New version is available here. Download innounp023.rar, extract and place innounp.exe, innounp.htm in Universal Extractor's bin folder.
Installer extraction should work.

Thank god you mentioned it again:

Yes, i have tried and same result. That's why i talk about the outdated Innounp.exe in my previous post.

She could be packed and distributed in 7z archive. That's what i want (or i try) to said. But an installer (so, exe format) is the easiest to use.

Ah, now I see...

By the way, this is the forum - the French one - to post in, though speaking English. There is no English forum here, isn't it?

Nice greetings, Dirk

And many thanks again.
Newest stable LiberKey
Dirki
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Suivante

12 messages • Page 1 sur 21, 2

Retourner vers Support