Liberkey Apps Version Checker Not Connecting/Updating

A problem using LiberKey ?
5 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Liberkey Apps Version Checker Not Connecting/Updating

Messagede Wooot » 05 Septembre 2009, 03:29

Hello,

So far when I launch my Liberkey App version Checker it doesn´t display the avaliable updates, when there actually are... Now I setted to allow both the "LKVerCheck" and the "lkAppsVCheck" in my firewall (the old sygate). It works and downloads the new patches with "LKVerCheck" but it occurs the described above trouble when trying to update the applications :S
In the same way I´ts clear that it´s a firewall issue, becouse when I disabled it (allowed globally all traffic) Liberkey displays the avaliable updates of the apps.
So please tell me why my Liberkey can´t update the apps even when I enabled them to connect. Does Liberkey use the BIOS or Aplication layer (FTP) or the generic host process or something else that my firewall by default is blocking? Why it works with the "LKVerCheck" and not with apps updater? There on what shall I have to allow?

I have already checked the FAQ and did a search in the forums. Also looked in the firewall log and it appears that "all was allowed", meaning it doesn´t show anything blocked :(

Please help since It´s not a good solution to turn all my security system down each time I update my Liberkey :S
Wooot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re:Liberkey Apps Version Checker Not Connecting/Updating

Messagede JP4U » 06 Septembre 2009, 01:19

Hello Wooot and welcome on forums.

I'm not sure have a solution at your problem.
Perhaps this information could help you.
It seems that another user had problem to update his key because of his antivirus. It seems that the latest updates of his Liberkey was detected and blocked like a virus, but it was only a false positive.
It's always possible to verify the files before open them, on site like http://www.virustotal.com or http://virusscan.jotti.org.

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Messagede Wooot » 07 Septembre 2009, 02:53

Thanks for your answer JP4U

I checked my NOD32 log/quarantine just in case and it didn´t had any trouble with liberkey, also I don´t remember any antivirus alert when using it. Anyway I´m not using ESET Firewall so I guess it´s all about my Sygate firewall. Still can´t figure out how to make it work with Liberkey :(
Wooot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede JP4U » 07 Septembre 2009, 08:58

It's in french but you can have more information on the update problems in these topic.
(you can have translation of the posts with by these siteor directly by google.)
See in particular the recent pages.

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Messagede Wooot » 20 Septembre 2009, 00:03

Thanks again JP4U

I have already checked all those topics and there´s nothing about this kind of issue.
I guess it´s just an specific issue of my old Sygate Pro Firewall, so far I may just have to turn it off to get the updates.
Wooot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

5 messages • Page 1 sur 1

Retourner vers Support