Liberkey makes Windows 10 very slow

A problem using LiberKey ?
21 messages • Page 2 sur 31, 2, 3

Re: Liberkey makes Windows 10 very slow

Messagede ribbit » 09 Février 2017, 15:37

I'm experiencing something similar on WIndows 10 anniversary edition 64-bit. Before the anniversary edition update everything was fine.
Now when I start LK from my USB drive the hidden taskbar menu is shown empty instead of displaying icons. They either appear after a few seconds wait or never at all.

Using the shortcut to run an app (MS Key + R) pops up a transparent window, just the windows frame and title is visible.
Paint.net's menus look empty as well.
I can't post a photo because as soon as I press the print screen button these dialogs/menus show up.

Edit: I forgot to mention that after the PC goes to sleep and wakes up it is back to normal.
ribbit
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede bimax » 04 Novembre 2017, 16:54

Exactly the same problem for me.

Conditions:
Notebook ACER Aspire E15 - Intel i7-7500U - 16GB ram
Intel HD Graphics 620
NVIDIA GeForce 940MX (2GB ram dedicated)
Windwos 10 Home - Anniversary update (1709) - Language = Italian
Liberkey language = Italian

While running Liberkey everything is ok.
The "slow-mode" condition starts after closing Liberkey app.
The only way to get out is a reboot or a HD graphic driver re-install.

Ceers, Max
Dernière édition par bimax le 10 Novembre 2017, 18:07, édité 1 fois.
bimax
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Ultack » 07 Novembre 2017, 13:26

I have the same problem. Win 10 becomes extremely slow, practically unusable, and many contextual windows open as empty glass.

Using Win 10 pro 64 with everything up to date on a desktop machine.
Ram DDR2 8 Gb
NVidia GeForce 660x

It all started 4-6 weeks ago for me. The only way to fix it so far is to reboot or log off and log back in.
Ultack
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede faina09 » 08 Novembre 2017, 09:58

same problem here, tested 3 different PCs with Windows10, the issue arise when I open 'Verifica aggiornamenti' ('verify updates' in Italian) and the only way to fix is to logout.
Setting the English menu seems to works!
faina09
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede bimax » 10 Novembre 2017, 18:03

faina09 a écrit:same problem here, tested 3 different PCs with Windows10, the issue arise when I open 'Verifica aggiornamenti' ('verify updates' in Italian) and the only way to fix is to logout.
Setting the English menu seems to works!

No way!
I swapped language from Italian to English but nothing changed:
still slow after closing Liberkey.
As said, while running Liberkey Windows works perfectly.
But if I lounch the Liberkey "Verify updates" then the system slows-down even while Liberkey is running (like when I turn Liberkey off).
bimax
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Ultack » 12 Novembre 2017, 14:35

I can concur that the shit hit the fan when you you click the icon to install updates. As long as you don't update anything windows run normally.
Ultack
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede plopix » 24 Janvier 2018, 12:54

Hello i have same bug and i have only tow app, vlc and chrome!
Win 10 64bits HP Pavilion Power 15
Version Portable on HDD USB
plopix
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede bimax » 25 Janvier 2018, 13:22

Ultack a écrit:I can concur that the shit hit the fan when you you click the icon to install updates. As long as you don't update anything windows run normally.

I've turned-off the "automatic update" in configuration and, even if I never start the "Verify updates" the problem still happens.
It's very strange that only few of the Liberkey users have this problem ...
bimax
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede dtwaling » 29 Mars 2018, 21:12

Yet another case of system drag when running LiberKey ...however, I found a solution/work-around that may work for some.

I run several IDEs and utilities, in addition to all the usual office and workflow apps throughout my work week, so I started to notice a common denominator. The drag was always when I ran any Win 10 app built on that Microsoft Edge garbage (with exception to the Windows utilities and admin tools oddly enough), and most consistently, and severely when it was MS Edge internet browser, and even more so when MSO apps like Outlook were running at the same time.

I blocked and hid the MS Edge web browser and use the ole reliable Chrome or Firefox, even IExplorer on occasion, without issue. For MSOffice I default to using the web apps, only using the desktop apps sparingly when I need my scripted workflows. So, I still have a lot going on at any given point including LiberKey, but ever since avoiding those MSO and MS Edge resource hogs, my system performance has improved dramatically.

I discussed this with a colleague (not LiberKey user, but same system drag) who drew very similar conclusions, made the same changes, and saw the same kind of improvements. I'm guessing this may not be the case for everyone, but hopefully, at least a few will find relief out of our lucky correlation and be able to happily return to using their LiberKey.
dtwaling
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Ultack » 14 Décembre 2018, 23:50

And with the new update we are back with invisible/translucent windows and a super slow OS, in my case Windows 10 Pro 64.
Ultack
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

PrécédenteSuivante

21 messages • Page 2 sur 31, 2, 3

Retourner vers Support