is the development of liberkey ceased ?

Discussions (excluding Support)
99 messages • Page 2 sur 101, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10

Re: is the development of liberkey ceased ?

Messagede supernova3 » 10 Août 2012, 11:30

You're right codemaster... Liberkey is now harmful. :-(
supernova3
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede LibberTea » 11 Août 2012, 21:42

That so-called quote-unquote "logic" is simply RETARDED (not just "my" opinion)...
While technically not "false", it is simply STUPID (again, not just "my" opinion) !!!...

Firefox contains VULNERABILITES that have been present for YEARS...
So by your logic, *NOBODY* should use Firefox, yet how many people will "claim" it to be the "safest" web browser?
LibberTea
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede supernova3 » 11 Août 2012, 22:18

What can we answer to such a message :blink:
I agree with you, all software have vulnerabilities... However, if a new version exists, it is logically safer.
And if softwares are up to date, Liberkey is too safer. Am I wrong?
supernova3
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede LibberTea » 11 Août 2012, 22:40

There is no denying that if an updated version is out there, we all should run the updated version...
But there are times when the "update" INTRODUCES new vulnerabilities while "fixing" an old vulnerability...
We are not "safer" just 'cause we run a few dozen update checks everytime we turn on our computer...

While vulnerabilities do "exist" with our un-updated LiberKey apps, we are "foolish" to say that *all* of the updates that have been released and un-LiberKey'd are "vulnerability fixes", sometimes, OFTEN TIMES, a software app is updated for OTHER reasons, new features or whatnot, NOT to fix a "vulnerability"...

And those "vulnerabilities" that *MIGHT* exist are EXTREMELY rare...
You have to stand on one leg, raise your left arm, click the mouse button three times while hovering over this link on that web page, and immediately rotate counterclockwise while jumping on that one leg to get "hit" by that so-called quote-unquote "vulnerability"...

I'm all *FOR* "patching" 'vulnerabilities', but let's be realistic, they do *NOT* have to be "patched" within an "hour" of their "discovery"...
LibberTea
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede LibberTea » 11 Août 2012, 22:48

it should also be noted that some "vulnerabilities" are NOT a threat when running via LiberKey (or other similar apps)...
they're only a "vulnerability" when the app is installed as originally intended, in their default folder, with their default settings, et cetera...

just by being "portable-ized", the app is "immune" to some of its inherent design flaws...
LibberTea
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede yetisouth » 14 Août 2012, 08:03

If they abandoned the project, you would at least expect them to make an announcement, so we know what to expect. I assume the website will soon disappear as well. What a pity!
yetisouth
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Tempme » 19 Août 2012, 18:19

I hope liberkey hasn't been abandoned. I don't see or have never run across a donation link. I would gladly give them some money to keep the project going. I'm sure there are a lot of liberkey users that would feel the same way. In any case, I looking forward to an update of the status of this project. Best regards. Wayne
Tempme
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede fnagel » 21 Août 2012, 10:12

Any news on this?
fnagel
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Messagede Isys » 21 Août 2012, 18:58

Looking through the french forum it would seem that key developers have left. While some may remain, their whereabouts and commitment to the project are unknown. There have now been no updates for at least 5 weeks and no word from any of the team. I know this has happened in previous years and has been attributed to holidays but this seems excessive to me. I understand that a project like this requires a lot of work and I appreciate the effort the team has put into it but if the thousands of Liberkey users who have supported this project have truly been abandoned without a word of explanation, that would be disgraceful. I hope this is not the case.
Isys
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede fnagel » 21 Août 2012, 22:11

@Isys
Thanks for sharing this here, really appreciated!

I really hope your fears wont come true. Perhaps its possible to help the developers, with some donation initiative or crowd-founding. I'm using LiberKeys for a long time and my daily work is much easier with LK. As far as I know, there is no alternative powerful like LK is.
fnagel
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

PrécédenteSuivante

99 messages • Page 2 sur 101, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10

Retourner vers General discussions