is the development of liberkey ceased ?

Discussions (excluding Support)
99 messages • Page 3 sur 101, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10

Re: is the development of liberkey ceased ?

Messagede Edin » 22 Août 2012, 14:49

I'm starting to worry as well. I'm receiving RSS Feeds from PortableApps, and I can see so many apps have been updated over and over again, but nothing from LiberKey. I left PortableApps because they did not have launcher updated to include some features that LiberKey have, but now it seems I'm forced again to switch.
At first, I assumed it was only vacation time in France, but this is taking way to long. Last updated app I received was on July 9. It is now August 22... Sure as hell this is serious now.
LiberKey could at least post status on this. Let us know they are on vacation, and will be back at certain date, but nothing at all.

In respect to the work LiberKey team have done so far, time and effort involved in this project, I will give them a little more time, 1-2 weeks, to at least post something on this site, or use built-in feature called "LiberKey News" to inform us of the project and/or staff status.

If no update received by then, well... :-(
Edin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede LibberTea » 23 Août 2012, 01:59

ouch... if truly abandoned, my fingers are crossed that at the very least, the user base is left with an instruction guide on how to "LiberKey-ize" apps 'ourselves'...
LibberTea
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Irishlander » 23 Août 2012, 18:31

The Project is dead - no updates until beginning auf July and now 7 weeks later nothing.

And if i am wrong - how can you ever trust such developers or such project - if they do not write one single line about the project status. (you only need 5 minutes)

Like: until now we make 6 week holiday or sorry guys the project is stopped or anything else. But nothing!
Only one single line - and everybody knows what's going on.

in my opinion:
If i am feeling responsible for my project or the all the users who use it - i would take this 5 minutes!

But here ? ... so I say goodbye to Liberkey ... it was a very good project ... i think the best i knew for portable software.

Bye bye
R.I.P. Liberkey
Irishlander
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede kokbira » 24 Août 2012, 16:35

well, wait some more time...

i think that if the official problem is developers on vacancy, the real problem is few developers on team.

i suggest that:

- add more developers to project, so it can increase app number and functionality and reduce update delay;

- improve wiki and allow experienced forum users to help adding or updating software, with some kind of reputation points to evaluate their job, like a button near software icon on lk menu to "report app update issue" and "like"/"hate";

- create some kind of "automatic" procedure for updates, like a button near software icon on lk menu to "inform a new software update".
kokbira
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede Irishlander » 24 Août 2012, 18:31

@kokbira
well i think this are very good suggestions, but i didn't solve the main problem of the project.

The main problem is the communication - to the users.
I don't have any problem if there are developers who are on holiday and nothing happens in the project.
But i have a problem not to know what's going on for weeks!
A simple line of text would be enough - to say everything is fine - but we are on holidays an until this 7 week we cannot update anything / or everything is going worse and the project isn't any more.
Irishlander
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Einherier » 24 Août 2012, 18:46

Irishlander a écrit:@kokbira
The main problem is the communication - to the users.
I don't have any problem if there are developers who are on holiday and nothing happens in the project.
But i have a problem not to know what's going on for weeks!
A simple line of text would be enough - to say everything is fine - but we are on holidays an until this 7 week we cannot update anything / or everything is going worse and the project isn't any more.

that's it !!!
Einherier
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede bogomolth » 26 Août 2012, 22:45

Where update!?
bogomolth
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede ursderbaer » 29 Août 2012, 09:27

Baybe the users in the Forum (community) can help.

So one user can fix 1 App (or more Apps) with 1 (or more) user in fall back. So many users are able to fix all apps.?
ursderbaer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede LibberTea » 29 Août 2012, 13:12

i would love to be able to provide updates...
BUT unless the "team" provides us with a means to update the .lbk files, WE CAN NOT PROVIDE UPDATES
LibberTea
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Mastergame » 30 Août 2012, 00:47

I have a bad feeling about Liberkey Project... :-(
Mastergame
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

PrécédenteSuivante

99 messages • Page 3 sur 101, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10

Retourner vers General discussions