is the development of liberkey ceased ?

Discussions (excluding Support)
99 messages • Page 9 sur 101 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Re: is the development of liberkey ceased ?

Messagede snoopyeab » 12 Octobre 2012, 21:28

I've only been reading the news or lack of news regarding future uodates sofar. I thought it pretty useless to mingle in a discussion that we cannot influence.
However, the news from Dji is very hopeful plus the fact that two updates are already done.
Let's wait till next week and hope that the developers are encouraged by all the enthousiastic reactions.
I personally hope they will think about the numerous offers and ideas to support them, either financially or with programming help.
snoopyeab
Dutch translator
Dutch translator

Messagede akhouri_sarvesh » 13 Octobre 2012, 00:19

Seems I wasn't wrong - ;)

After seeing the update activities ... HURRAY !! .. I can't express my feeling.. :kiss:

BIG THANKS for the effort !! :)
akhouri_sarvesh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Messagede elations » 13 Octobre 2012, 07:43

There's a German saying: "It takes more than one swallow to make a summer" (or let it be two, in LiberKey's case), but it could be the beginning of a re-beginning, which I hope very much.

Generally speaking, I don't like negativity until, at least, it can be proven to be justified. Before that, sometimes, negative statements can be like self-fulfilling prophesy even, and with some of the comments, the feeling is, the negative outcome for LiberKey is the commenter's intention and hope (though some may not have that hope or intention but just suffer from negative thinking by default). Why not wait until there is certainty, rather than conjuring a negative outcome without facts at hand - or, in the absence of anything tangible, trying to make a fact out of the fact that there are not facts, as some earlier commenter's did?

Obviously, a legal situation has arisen and this is a crucial period where commenting by developers' can't do them and probably the project any good. They say "LiberKey will continue", and it may be held against them. They say "LiberKey is dead", and it may kill off the project with users leaving in stoves. . Even saying "something vague or anything at all" may stir unwelcome discussions that touch on issues that, in the present phase, may decrease legal prospects and chances for the project's ideal survival. So my guess is, the developers did, from their perspective, the best, if not only thing they could do under present circumstances (there may be legal strangleholds as well). So speculation, at this point, as to "Liberkey will survive" or "No, the project is clearly dead" is understandable, but mostly premature and idle, as long as there aren't facts. Negative speculation may even be damaging to the project, sspecially if it continues at some point - damaging in ways that may be in some parties interest. 'Nuff said about that aspect.

Of course, till definite facts are known, users who feel happier trying alternative solutions, that's naturally up to each and every one. If anyone switching to another portable suite is happy with it, good for them. But I wonder, where is the need to convince users of this forum to do likewise? I can't see a legitimate one, to be honest. Of course, its a free market economy in which various forms of camouflaged marketing are, unfortunately, widely used. But putting the dagger in when a competing product is wounded, that's never a fine form of stealth advertising - nor even acceptable as "innocent" recommendation. Its rather a method that, in itself, makes me hesitant to give the respective alternative product a try as I hate being associated with a product in whose name such exploitative tactics are used.

One never knows the future, so I wouldn't definitely close to door to the frequently mentioned (as if it wasn't widely known anyway) alternative once and for all... I'm not *that* stubborn. But I'd close the door to it as long as there were no clear facts regarding a certain demise of LiberKey (not just a nefarious interpretation of the fact that no facts have been presented to us in the forum directly by someone from the developing team ). Even if, in the end, it became painfully clear that there can be no furure for LiberKey (which I really hope will never happen), even then, I'd have to be positively sure , after some further research of my own, that there are no satisfactory third party alternatives that allow me to avoid a portable launching solution whose develper/users? try to increase the products user base by applying methods I find revolting.
elations
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede gennaro2012 » 13 Octobre 2012, 10:01

Alleluia Today updates are a reality
I hope the team LiberKey solve the problems its best to have in the future a whole section in the forum in Italian
thanks
gennaro2012
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede GraveDigger27 » 13 Octobre 2012, 20:22

Hey - there's been an update!!! :lol:

I noticed that that the last two versions of Firefox and Thunderbird have been posted and will show up in LiberKey. Of course there are LOTS of applications that have been updated in the past few months, but it's a start.

Now let's see what else gets updated in the next week... :P
GraveDigger27
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede mrXY » 13 Octobre 2012, 20:23

Today Firefox was updated to 16.0.1- maybe there is still hope for the project to continue?!
To create LiberKey was and is a brilliant idea!

So far thanks a lot q Team-LiberKey!
mrXY
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Tempme » 14 Octobre 2012, 06:01

Well I'll be. Updates for Firefox and Thunderbird as stated earlier in this thread. I've always wondered why the apps could not have been updated without the main applications being worked upon?

Is there any way that the Forum members could help? How about listing the programs that they know require updating with download locations.

I'll start.

Process Explorer : V15.23 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896653
System Explorer : V3.9.6 http://systemexplorer.net/download-type.php
Autoruns : V11.34 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 63902.aspx
Rapid Environment Editor: V7.0 Build 824 http://www.rapidee.com/en/download

There are many more that require updating.

Let us know if this helps? If it does, I'm sure we can all take some time and post the updates that we individually know about.
Tempme
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede MarPai » 17 Octobre 2012, 09:31

I have been shadowing this thread. I believe someone said that he had DONE all the work on some of the programs. Why can't he list those and offer them to the team. ALSO, to the person who complained about them taking so long. Do they charge you for this service? When someone gives you something for FREE you shouldn't complain if they have to stop doing it for a while and don't tell you why. It's a GIFT they are giving you, and I find you very ungrateful. They do NOT have to do this people. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS.

To those who are now updating Liberkey, instead of bitching at you for taking so long, I'm going to say thank you for once again bringing me the gift of high quality free software in a portable form. I truly appreciate it. And I hope that everyone who said they had updates already made up will give them to you so you can continue to gift us with Free Software than you don't have to make at all. You are under no obligation to provide us with a single update.

When will people REMEMBER THAT?

Once again Thank you. I'm sure you don't hear that enough.
MarPai
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede jgte » 17 Octobre 2012, 18:56

MarPai, of course the people from LiberKey are under all obligation to provide us with free software! They say it in the front page of the their website!

The bottom line is that people download LiberKey under the assumption that regular updates are provided. If you sign up for something, even for free, and you don't get what you sign up for, you have every right to ask for clarification, or as you call it, bitching. (*)

If people are rude and ungrateful, then they should stop because it's wrong to be rude and ungrateful. People don't have to be quiet and subservient just because they are getting stuff for free.

(*) If I want to bitch (which I haven't but I really felt like doing it), I bitch and you can't do anything about it, except bitch back at me. Now, what good does that do?

(I apologize if I come across as rude, it's not my intention.)
jgte
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede yetisouth » 24 Octobre 2012, 14:52

I don't know who started to update LiberKey again, but whoever it is, I want to say
A huge THANK YOU!!!
yetisouth
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

PrécédenteSuivante

99 messages • Page 9 sur 101 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Retourner vers General discussions