LiberKey Menu 5.0 beta available

Provides some LiberKey tools versions under development
83 messages • Page 3 sur 91, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9

Re: LiberKey Menu 5.0 beta available

Messagede noaven » 11 Juin 2010, 21:17

hi!

2 issues!! (dont know if are both caused by 5)

1. today morning i had 3 updates

chrome / chromium / open office

i download the updates and installed them . all good

now at night i re-opened liberkey and the same updates notice came up! :nocom:

2. an issue with x-media recode

the x-media recode shortcut was broken so when to the apps folder to find out what is going on ...
there was 3 folders relates to x-media recode

XMediaRecode / 492 KB / 548 Files, 3 Folders (.ini only)
XMediaRecode_2010-05-24_03-36-29 / 10,9 MB / 617 Files, 8 Folders
XMediaRecode_2010-06-01_04-23-57 / 12,7 MB / 633 Files, 8 Folders
noaven
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Messagede locodarwin » 12 Juin 2010, 01:06

The new 5.0 menu is really great! This is certainly a giant leap forward.

A bug I'm having:

1. The "Parameters" field in shortcut advanced properties is not working for me. Whatever I type in there does not trigger the appearance of the "apply" button (like the other fields do), is not retained when I close out the shortcut properties, and of course the parameter is not passed to the application.

I have some simple feature requests, too:

1. [edit: never mind! I found it.]

2. The ability to move menus to the desktop is brilliant. I sure wish it would work with user-created menus, too!
locodarwin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Laurentxp » 12 Juin 2010, 08:38

1. Right clic on menu tab, "Allow modifications"

2. Normally it works
Laurentxp

Messagede Anakey » 13 Juin 2010, 13:16

yesterday i installed the 8 new applications that were recently put out, yet these do not show in the liberkey. when checking for updates it says they have not been installed. The online catalog also shows them not installed yet when i click to install them the downloader says that they are installed

also just a preference suggestion really rather then a bug, but would it be possible for the minimize and close buttons to be near the top of the liberkey instead of the bottom?

Also what would be handy is to have a pause/resume button on downloads sometimes my internet signal is patchy and the downloads stop without a way to resume them and then i have to go and set up the whole dl again
Anakey
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede JP4U » 13 Juin 2010, 15:22

Hello Anakey.

You wrote :
[...] would it be possible for the minimize and close buttons to be near the top of the liberkey instead of the bottom?

If you want you can add a shortcut in the quicklaunch menu (nice if you're using an USB key) like this :
LKeject.png
LKeject.png (20.98 Kio) Vu 19784 fois

Right click on the menu near My documents => New shorcut => Application : file . In the windows Select the executable file of application leave My Apps and go to LiberkeyTools'folder. Select LKEject.exe .
For change it's icon, Right click => Shortcut Properties.... In the shortcut tab's window click at the rigth of Icon's line on the button (Zoom on a folder icon) then choose Skin icons => tools => USBEject ; or another one if you prefer.

In the quicklaunch menu you can reorder the icons by drag and drop as you want.

JP4U
JP4U
Team LiberKey
Team LiberKey

Messagede tonycfc » 14 Juin 2010, 09:07

Hello and firstly I would like to say congratulations on the launching of the LiberKey 5.0 beta! Good work! I like the way the menu stays active when an application is updated and the option to add your own shortcut to the menu!

I have a suggestion, can you(developers) enable an option to disable the aero effect as it is very graphic consuming. This is because not all of the users machine are high performance machines and some are trying to preserve as many resources as possible. I hope you guys can look into this matter. :)
tonycfc
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Lockszmith » 16 Juin 2010, 16:15

tonycfc a écrit:. . . can you(developers) enable an option to disable the aero effect . . . some are trying to preserve as many resources as possible

I second tonycfc on that, the same functionality with less eye candy could be a great solution for low end machines (especially on a portable I-never-know-where-I-am-going-to-be-plugged-next USB key)

Never the less, the menu rocks - big time.
Lockszmith
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Messagede vagabond » 17 Juin 2010, 16:23

Hello all !

A new version of the LiberKey Menu beta 5.0 is available!
(To install it over LiberKey 4.9, follow the link in the first post)

If you don't want to wait the automatic detection :
launch your LiberKey Menu Beta 5 and click on "LiberKey Tools / Check updates" (there is a minimal delay of 12 hours between two automatic update checks)

This new version comes with a lot of changes.
we focused our efforts primarily on issues related to international parameters of the system. This version should be able to run in all languages.

It would be too tedious to enumerate all the changes, but it is sure that your feedback has been very helpful. Thank you all.

There have been many interesting proposals and some of them will be taken into account in future versions. If your proposals are not implemented in this version, they could be in the next...

If you have found a bug in the previous version and it is fixed in this one, let us know! We were unable to reproduce some problems but we still tried to solve them.. no way to validate the result.

Quickly, just to give you an idea of visible changes:
- Floating Menus have changed.
* By clicking on a folded menu, it opens in "fast mode". Without animation. The navigation becomes immediate, including sub-menus.
* The current menu has a different border
* The right button of the mouse is used to fold it in fast mode
* The spacebar is used to fold / unfold
* TAB to jump from a floating menu to another

- Animation effects are customizable
* You can disable them all with a global option
* You can enable / disable them by genre (menus / windows / interface elements)
* You can change the "effects set" (for the moment there are 2 additional sets of effects)
* You can change the waiting time before opening a submenu (default from windows or manually in milliseconds)

- The button on the taskbar works in a more standard way (for example, you can fold the application by clicking on it)

- You can add applications to the list of applications running automatically by dragging them directly.

There are other news, we let you discover them!

There are also a lot of corrections that are not visible but which contribute to make the menu more accessible to some users.

Once the most problems will be solved, we will progress faster on the user interface options. We will add, for example, the ability to define specific actions for the clicks, configure keyboard shortcuts, start with the main menu always closed (or open), close the menu after running an application, etc..
It is a beta version, and it is still evolving ... Keep in mind that this is only the beginning ;-)

Again, thank you all for the time spent for testing and for your encouragement!
vagabond
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede tonycfc » 17 Juin 2010, 16:42

The patch is wonderful! It addresses the current issues we're dealing with and I'm liking the new menu even more now thanks to the "user interface" option. Way to go, LiberKey! Spot on! :)
tonycfc
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede Jack » 17 Juin 2010, 17:55

Congratulations Vagabond. Keep on...
Jack
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

PrécédenteSuivante

83 messages • Page 3 sur 91, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9

Retourner vers Development