Liberkey illegally distributing ccleaner, defraggler + more

Discussions (excluding Support)
21 messages • Page 2 sur 31, 2, 3

Re: Liberkey illegally distributing ccleaner, defraggler + m

Messagede Dji » 18 Octobre 2012, 09:13

I said "packaging" with brackets ! (Liberkey does not modify their binaries, Liberkey zip them into another file)
I already said Liberkey got confirmation from them (I got again direct confirmation from our previous team leader two days ago).
You trust PortableApps (a concurrent), you trust PortableFreeware (somehow another concurrent), you trust Pirifom saying something general but not for Liberkey in particular but you don't trust Liberkey... Well ok, so you already have your own opinion and you don't trust Liberkey whatever they can say.

As far as I know, Piriform did not reach the team to inform them they changed their mind and tell them they now refuse that Liberkey distribute their softwares within a zip (.lks is a .zip) so I can't let you saying something wrong.
"Si boire des coups, aller au concert ou au match, ça devient un combat
Alors tremblez, terroristes !
Parce qu'on est surentraînés !"
@glecalot
Dji
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede TaranQ » 22 Octobre 2012, 11:51

Thanks for letting me know Piriform is such a bitching company, has made me decide to never use Piriform software again! Enough good freeware out there from companies that are gratefull their software is being exposed in whatever way.
TaranQ
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede kokbira » 05 Novembre 2012, 14:53

TaranQ a écrit:Thanks for letting me know Piriform is such a bitching company, has made me decide to never use Piriform software again! Enough good freeware out there from companies that are gratefull their software is being exposed in whatever way.

?????????

What is the problem with Piriform? They did not say anything about that particular case. I love their apps and I believe them :) - also I believe on LiberKey. The only issue here is the trolling of people that put words on other's mouth...
kokbira
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede TaranQ » 05 Novembre 2012, 15:48

First of all I don't know what exactly is going on, I only wanted to say that a company that makes FREEware should not complain if another company distrubutes it's software (it's exposure!).
TaranQ
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede asklucas » 07 Décembre 2012, 01:21

Hello!

I don't wanna disturb but I'd like to have a serious answer to the questions in former posts:

http://www.piriform.com/legal/software-license/ccleaner
states:

You may NOT repackage, translate, adapt, vary, modify, alter, create derivative works based upon, or integrate any other computer programs with, the Product in whole or in part.

Certainly it's freeware, but that doesn't mean the original author loses all rights.

What's the answer of LiberKey to this and who's authorized to speak in the name of LiberKey?

Lucas.
asklucas
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede kokbira » 09 Décembre 2012, 15:40

Did you read all messages on this topic?
kokbira
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Messagede asklucas » 14 Décembre 2012, 18:21

Hi @kokbira!
I suppose you were asking me: Yes I did read all the posts. This is where my confusion comes from.

One poster states, LiberKey got permission from Piriform.
Another poster states, Piriform did not permit.

So what now?

I think zipping their software, different to what @Dji states, is a breach of the license as I quoted it.
But I agree, to my sense Piriform's license is too restrictive.

Part of my post refers directly to @TaranQ regarding Freeware and copyrights.

May I suggest the following:
Add a page to the liberkey.com-site showing the license information as well as stated permissions, like in case of Piriform, to every app distributed. This would easily restore the reputation of LiberKey and invalidate any accusations!

Lucas.
asklucas
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Messagede vagabond » 14 Décembre 2012, 20:54

Hello,

We have permission from Piriform.
We do not intend to publish private exchanges we have with the publishers.
Anyway, if there is a problem of this nature, it must be set between the publisher and liberkey.com. Nobody else is legitimate.
Actually, the nature of the problem is different: some people have an interest in tarnishing the image of LiberKey. The success of LiberKey worries them..
vagabond
Administrator
Administrator

Messagede akhouri_sarvesh » 17 Décembre 2012, 20:52

Well said Vegabond !! :lol:

We all Know - If there is any violation - then the publisher of the software should be objecting to it . If others feel that there is any violation - they can inform the publishers and let them take action instead of SHOUTING in this forum.

Sorry if I sound bit harsh. ;)
akhouri_sarvesh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Messagede kokbira » 17 Décembre 2012, 22:09

Is someone feedbacking "haters" with right answers on their home, e.g. portablefreeware.com?

I know that it would generate more conflicts on posts here and there, but I think LiberKey need someone to defend itself outside here.
kokbira
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

PrécédenteSuivante

21 messages • Page 2 sur 31, 2, 3

Retourner vers General discussions